Graphics
ASUS EAH6670 Series 1GB DDR5
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
hi there, i will instal mountain lion on my desktop, but the monitor that i use is a Samsung with 27inch and a resolution 1920x1080, but i've noticed that the imac 27inch has a bigger resolution.. i wont be able have as much screen space as the imac? thanks :)

hi there, i will instal mountain lion on my desktop, but the monitor that i use is a Samsung with 27inch and a resolution 1920x1080, but i've noticed that the imac 27inch has a bigger resolution.. i wont be able have as much screen space as the imac? thanks :)

The resolution depends on what your monitor and graphics card support. I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.

You're understanding correctly. The imacs have 2560x1440, you only have 1920x1080. You'll have the same usable desktop space as the 21" imac. In desktops and laptops, space is dictated purely by resolution, not screen size.

It's just that each pixel on your screen will be larger than on a higher-res 27" screen (and thus the same size picture will be visually bigger on your screen).

Your screen only has 82 pixels per inch, which is quite coarse these days.
A 2560x1440 27" screen has 109 pixels per inch.

For a 1920x1080 screen my personal preference is 95-100 ppi (which equates to 22-23"). I'm comfortable with that level of detail, and it helps to have my multiple monitors with the same pixel sizes as I draw windows around. My current MacBook Pro has >120 ppi, which is OK but sometimes too fine for my preference. I need to get out the reading glasses more often. :)

Whatever suits you is the important thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back