Asus EN210 SILENT/DI/512MD3(LP)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone,

As the title says I want to replace my chameleon boot loader by chimera but I still have two fears :
1 - will this affect my hackintosh in a way that it doesn't boot anymore ?
2 - will this affect the hardware acceleration of my Geforce 9800 GT ?

Thanks in advance.

Good night and sleep tight (if it is bedtime in there).

abdelilah said:
Hi everyone,

As the title says I want to replace my chameleon boot loader by chimera but I still have two fears :
1 - will this affect my hackintosh in a way that it doesn't boot anymore ?
2 - will this affect the hardware acceleration of my Geforce 9800 GT ?

Thanks in advance.

Good night and sleep tight (if it is bedtime in there).

Absolutly, before you go and modify your bootloader I would concider cloning your working Snow Leopard partition to another partition. and having the bootloader you have now backed up onto a disc. This way you can pop yourold bootloader into the DVD-ROM and use that bootloader to boot into your working Snow Leopard that you would have cloned previously.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for your advices, I always clone my systems after a successful install (I use clonezilla), but will it work ? will I keep the hardware acceleration ? also what "instant menu" in multibeast is meant for ? doest it effect the boot ? thanks in advance for your help.

abdelilah said:

I run this in Lion and what i did as:

1.run multibeast
2.check chimera and install
3.done.

Thanks for the answer, I will try it and post an answer asap.

I just installed Chimera after the 1.6.8 combo update and everything went find after installing also apple HDA rollback, finally my system can boot automatically without pressing enter.

PS : the issue is solved, thanks everyone.

abdelilah said:
I just installed Chimera after the 1.6.8 combo update and everything went find after installing also apple HDA rollback, finally my system can boot automatically without pressing enter.

PS : the issue is solved, thanks everyone.

Hi again,

glad to hear you got it working.. could you click he edit button on your Post and add to your problem title SOLVED. It helps others then =]

Moved to correct forum,
Snow Leopard Installation -> 10.6 Support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back