CPU
i7 3770K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I have 2 separate SSD drives, and three show up on boot: "Mountain Lion", "System Reserved", and "Windows NTFS". Here's what I'm wondering:

1) How can I change "System Reserved" to "Windows 7"?
2) How can I hide "Windows NTFS"?

Please note I do not see a "org.Chameleon.boot.plist" file in my "Mountain Lion>Extras" folder. I never installed Chameleon, only Chimera, but cannot find it's preference file, even after un-hiding folders. Is there another location for the plist or a Terminal command that can launch it?

As a side note, do most bootloader themes for Chameleon work with Chimera, as they are basically the same program?

Thanks for the reply Das Attorney! Unfortunately, there is no plist in the usual location and I've never installed Chameleon, only Chimera. I do know they are basically the same program, but there is no plist at all in the /Extras folder. I was wondering if Chimera stores it's preference file elsewhere.

If Chameleon would be a better bootloader to utilize for this, how might I go about uninstalling Chimera and installing Chameleon over it (again, I don't see program files for Chimera anywhere)?

I'm sure there has to be some solution for this; if Chimera and Chameleon are basically the same program, how come there is no "org.chimera.Boot.plist"? The only solutions seem to involve a "org.chameleon.Boot.plist", which doesn't exist in my setup because I never installed Chameleon.

Chimera must store it's startup preferences somewhere. I found that it stores themes in /Extra/Themes/Default and managed to edit the plist there to enable a 1920x1080 display screen, but there is no information in that plist to enable renaming of the startup volumes. Is there anyone who knows where Chimera itself is stored or its preferences file?

As an update, I just installed Chameleon, and it doesn't have the "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" in the ~/Extras folder either! Is this because of some new update? Do Chimera and Chameleon save preferences elsewhere now? What is going on?

Seems obvious but why not create org.chameleon.Boot.plist in extra folder and add the lines mentioned above?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back