Graphics
GTX 660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is the first time I am getting to mess around with an iThing so I am kinda noob.

Specs:

hDAnOUC.png

I have gathered snow leopard combo update , multibeast , iBoot for ivy bridge.
I need to perform an BIOS update - Do i need to grab the latest update or something specific?
What version of snow leopard do I need to install on my new HDD at first?
I am kindof confused with the selections I need to make @ multibeast on snow leopard . Also , do i need to have graphicsenabled=no ?

Thanks for your time!

This is the first time I am getting to mess around with an iThing so I am kinda noob.

Specs:

View attachment 93382

I have gathered snow leopard combo update , multibeast , iBoot for ivy bridge.
I need to perform an BIOS update - Do i need to grab the latest update or something specific?
What version of snow leopard do I need to install on my new HDD at first?
I am kindof confused with the selections I need to make @ multibeast on snow leopard . Also , do i need to have graphicsenabled=no ?

Thanks for your time!
The graphics card won't work in snow leopard I don't think so just remove it until installation is finished and you update to mavericks

Ok , what about the other questions?

Ok , what about the other questions?
Ok you will alsoneed a Snow leopard Retail DVD not just the combo update although you will need the combo update also if you plan you plan to update to mavericks which I recommend since it will support your graphics card and CPU . I don't think you need to worry about multibeast right yet since you will never be able to boot from the ssd/hdd in snow leopard because there is no ivy bridge support in the kernel in snow leopard only pre sandy and sandy bridge so your only reason to install snow leopard is to gain access to the Mac App Store to download mavericks for free and follow the mavericks install guide and if your having troubles post another thread in mavericks desktop support
Have a look at this thread and basically do what it says in post 1
Boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes with your graphics card removed for a full list of boot flags look here and boot flags are case sensitive By the way
remember do not use multibeast
Carpentry

What do you mean do not use multibeast? Ill just install Leopard , then update , restart and therefore install maverickls?

BTW is this the retail dvd? http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard
Yes that's the retail DVD. And it's for sale at a very reasonable price too.
Now all the items you could use in multibeast are already on iboot ivy using multibeast is so you can boot without iboot but on ivy bridge systems this will never happen because there isn't support in the kernel for ivy bridge CPUs so you must use iboot for every single boot up once you have updated to the combo update 10.6.8 you can download mavericks then create a USB mavericks installer using unibeast and then proceed installing mavericks once you have downloaded mavericks from the Mac App Store follow the mavericks install guide available here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back