ASRock Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac P3.10
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello!
I am totally new and clueless at all of this, but have a dilemma that I hope someone can help me with at a pre-101 level. (a buddy has done all my hackintoshing for me, but is away, and my box decided not to wait for his return with this problem: )

The machine is in a restart-loop. It gets all the way to loading High Sierra. I see a glimpse of the desktop and then it goes black and restarts.
This problem has evolved, so in the early stages there was enough time for me to suspect that it has something to do with Logic Pro X and possibly a couple of plugins (which I tried to delete, but that seemed to make things worse). Maybe Waves or something with scanning of plugins at Logic startup.

I was hoping I could somehow get to the Mac Recovery Mode and either try to sort things out on the harddisk, or worst case reinstall High Sierra.
But I don't know how to get there! I have held down F12, that did nothing. Held down F4, F11 and tried to choose alternative boots, but there don't seem to be any at that level. That's as far as I've gotten.

Any advice at a pre-nubie level would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Doc

Hello!
I am totally new and clueless at all of this, but have a dilemma that I hope someone can help me with at a pre-101 level. (a buddy has done all my hackintoshing for me, but is away, and my box decided not to wait for his return with this problem: )

The machine is in a restart-loop. It gets all the way to loading High Sierra. I see a glimpse of the desktop and then it goes black and restarts.
This problem has evolved, so in the early stages there was enough time for me to suspect that it has something to do with Logic Pro X and possibly a couple of plugins (which I tried to delete, but that seemed to make things worse). Maybe Waves or something with scanning of plugins at Logic startup.

I was hoping I could somehow get to the Mac Recovery Mode and either try to sort things out on the harddisk, or worst case reinstall High Sierra.
But I don't know how to get there! I have held down F12, that did nothing. Held down F4, F11 and tried to choose alternative boots, but there don't seem to be any at that level. That's as far as I've gotten.

Any advice at a pre-nubie level would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Doc
boot from your usb installer and choose recovery

Thx for rapid response, but how do I get the machine to choose the usb installer instead of going straight to the boot disk?

Thx for rapid response, but how do I get the machine to choose the usb installer instead of going straight to the boot disk?
whatever key you need to press when you turn on your machine to show the boot menu, then boot from usb

OK - I'll try that : ) Thanks again

Back