Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So, I bought the Bluetooth Apple Keyboard, and the Magic Mouse, but I need Bluetooth on the PC so anyone have any recommendations on what works the best for that?

Thanks!

If you want general functionality then pretty much any dongle will be recognised and work in OSX and Windows. E.g. I have a Belkin BT dongle that works just fine in both systems.

However, if you want bluetooth wake from sleep in OSX (and in some cases "sleep") then you probably need to look at the thread on here about using native Apple bluetooth as you will only get that with an Apple original module (that you can hook up to USB) and with ordinary dongles generally the "wake from sleep" option is greyed out and does not function. However, to get an original Apple BT module to work in Windows you will probably need to use drivers from "bootcamp". Perfectly do-able, but just a little bit of extra hassle.

DavGerm4 said:
So, I bought the Bluetooth Apple Keyboard, and the Magic Mouse, but I need Bluetooth on the PC so anyone have any recommendations on what works the best for that?

Thanks!

Just installed the Rocketfish mini bluetooth dongle - works OOB.

davids8477 said:
DavGerm4 said:

Thanks!

wake from sleep ok?

morganb said:
davids8477 said:
DavGerm4 said:

Thanks!

wake from sleep ok?

Dont use the sleep at all so never tried it - my Hack is a media and web server - headless.

There's a dummy kext (link) that activates wake from sleep for Broadcom BT adapters. It's working fine with my IOGEAR GBU421W6.

Captura de pantalla 2011-10-10 a la(s) 13.23.26.jpg

DavGerm4 said:

Thanks!
I am using a rocketfish RF-MRBTAD. It works well with a Macally bluetooth keyboard and a magic mouse. It automatically connects in 10.6.8 and 10.7.0 after the first pairing. Previously used zoom bluetooth and it had issues in Lion. About $7 plus shipping from Amazon. I switch between the 2 OSs (10.6.8 and 10.7.0) with no problem. Works OOB. Sleep wake up works fine with no tweeks. :thumbup:

JohnnyMac2001 said:
DavGerm4 said:

Thanks!
I am using a rocketfish RF-MRBTAD. It works well with a Macally bluetooth keyboard and a magic mouse. It automatically connects in 10.6.8 and 10.7.0 after the first pairing. Previously used zoom bluetooth and it had issues in Lion. About $7 plus shipping from Amazon. I switch between the 2 OSs (10.6.8 and 10.7.0) with no problem. Works OOB. Sleep wake up works fine with no tweeks. :thumbup:

Hi,

I just bought the same adapter. Are you using the Apple Wireless Keyboard? Can you enter the BIOS or Chimera Boot Loader screen with this adapter? I don't seem to be able to and I thought that I could with this adapter.

Thanks,

Bruno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back