Contribute
Register

Reboot loop at startup, desperate for help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD3H, OS X 10.7.5
CPU
Intel Core i5 2500k
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 770 OC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So finally I have put my system together and I keep getting this strange problem...
Whenever I boot up my PC, it reboots after 3sec and it does that continously, I only have the mobo, psu, and the core components installed, I'M DESPERATE FOR HELP!!

So finally I have put my system together and I keep getting this strange problem...
Whenever I boot up my PC, it reboots after 3sec and it does that continously, I only have the mobo, psu, and the core components installed, I'M DESPERATE FOR HELP!!

You need to do a Hard reset on your board. Also there is problems with that loop on that board. Have you upgraded the BIOS to the latest. May have solved the issue!

Are you using the 2500k or did you upgrade to Ivy bridge?

You need to do a Hard reset on your board. Also there is problems with that loop on that board. Have you upgraded the BIOS to the latest. May have solved the issue!
How do I do that?

No I haven´t, I cant even get to the BIOS screen....

It really could be a number of things. 1st thing that jumps out at me is verify the CPU fan is plugged in at the proper location... and spinning

also unplug all wires from case to MB except the power switch
power to MB 24 pin + 4 pin
ram in correct slots
bla bla bla

How do I do that?

No I haven´t, I cant even get to the BIOS screen....

Firstly If you have not seen the Bios I would return the board. Turn off all the power and jump the cmos. This may not work. you need to get to BIOS to update it. I have got a review for you that I was reading a few weeks back.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1HMYOGLE7BUVF/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R1HMYOGLE7BUVF

This poor sole had the same issue as you and gigabyte told him that the board was bad. Take a read. This could save you a lot of time. Maybe choose a different one.

Hope this helps.

Willow

It really could be a number of things. 1st thing that jumps out at me is verify the CPU fan is plugged in at the proper location... and spinning

also unplug all wires from case to MB except the power switch
power to MB 24 pin + 4 pin
ram in correct slots
bla bla bla

The CPU fan is spinning, I only have those cables connected and the RAM in the right slots.

Firstly If you have not seen the Bios I would return the board. Turn off all the power and jump the cmos. This may not work. you need to get to BIOS to update it. I have got a review for you that I was reading a few weeks back.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1HMYOGLE7BUVF/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R1HMYOGLE7BUVF

This poor sole had the same issue as you and gigabyte told him that the board was bad. Take a read. This could save you a lot of time. Maybe choose a different one.

Hope this helps.

Willow

I did jump the cmos earlier today, still wont boot propperly.

The wierd thing was that it worked last night, then I went to sleep and next morning this happened, I haven´t touched anything....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back