Contribute
Register

reboot and select proper boot device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mind sharing how you got it working? I have a Hack Pro that has been working fine for over a year. I updated to 10.8.3 over a week ago. Today, I go to wake it up, it's frozen, and when I boot, I get that same message.

My case I forgot to install chimera or whatever the boot loader is called. In your case, make a ML USB via unibeast and use it to boot into OSX.Z Then run multi beast and reinstall chimera.

Ack!

I have ML 10.8.3 and it will run with the USB. I ran Multibeast and used the settings on this page as it matches my system http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...nderbolt-updated-10-8-2-multibeast-5-2-a.html without steps 10 and 11 as I have successfully run on another disk that got corrupt when I was trying to set up a newer SSD. UEFI didn't like to Mac Boot Volumes or something. So I pulled all but one drive re-installed step by step and all I get is Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device.

I thought I found an older thread about using the Chameleon bin file but I can't remember the specifics or if that actually fixed my problem last time. Getting a bit frustrated since the first hack install I did worked first time around.

Any help would be appreciated.

Using a Gigabyte GZ-Z77X-UP5-TH with bios F11
Samsung 840 Pro 256 SSD
32GB RAM
GeForce GTX680 4GB FTW+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back