Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
has anyone made teh kext for Realtek ALC892 codec? none of them work that i hav used, incluing the voodoo, there is only one tah got me sound but its only through HDI WHICH I HATE, but its better then nothing, can anyone help?

yea im having trouble with the audio too i cant get it work i need help too please someone help

jrmtz777 said:
yea im having trouble with the audio too i cant get it work i need help too please someone help

Works with VoodooHDA 0.2.1 and 0.2.56 in MultiBeast- you just need to make sure the DSDT you're using is the most current, and the proper revision that includes no HDEF edits. Also- you cannot have LegacyHDA installed in Extra.

And when you install, use System Utilities as well. When you reboot (using 0.2.56) you'll get a kernel panic on shutdown. We're working on it :) But when you load back up- you'll have full analog/digital support- and no more kernel panics ever. It's actually quite good- using 0.2.56 now on my H55N-USB3. Good luck!

Im trying to install with multibeast but it gives me an error and dont let install it

so followed your instructios to a T, and still nothing, the onl way i can get sound is to plug my monitor to my hack through HDMI then my speakers from my monitor, thats the only way i get sound, liek i said i followed your thing to a T didnt miss any instructions, made sure there wasnt any kexts and what not then multibeats cach, then system utilitie parmissions, reboot then nstalled voodoo .2.1 and system utilities parmissions, rebot, and i stil ahve sound ONLY though my HDMI monitor, i can get any jacks to work,? could u possibly make a video? or any other way we can get this to work?

Yeah- HDMI audio picks up by default using Voodoo on some 2xx cards, nullifying onboard audio. We're working on a solution. I think there should be a way to modify Voodoo to use onboard instead of HDMI or in tandem, but we'd need a 2xx card to test.

ooo ok so im not going crazy then lol good, lol so you guys are working on a fix, quote on quote lol, thats good though lets hope we get one sometime, great job though thanks

I'm having difficulty with the gt 240 card vs my alc892. Is there any sort of update to this problem or easy fix?

I've got everything running wonderfully otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back