2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello all,

I recently clean installed my old Clover+Catalina build to OC+Ventura.
Went fine apart from the fact I can't get the on board LAN to work.
It's a ASRock H81M-VG4 mobo with a Realtek 8111 NIC, pretty standard, which worked fine under Catalina.
The card is recognized but will always show as not connected, regardless of cable plugged in or not.
I tried all possible kexts I could find, but nothing seems to do the trick.
I have a temp solution by using a USB dongle with ethernet that works OOB, but unfortunately I can't get iCloud to work with this (it's set as en0 by removing the 8111 kext and resetting the network prefs etc, but I cannot set it to builtin because it's not a PCi device and doesn't appear in the PCI devices).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello all,

I recently clean installed my old Clover+Catalina build to OC+Ventura.
Went fine apart from the fact I can't get the on board LAN to work.
It's a ASRock H81M-VG4 mobo with a Realtek 8111 NIC, pretty standard, which worked fine under Catalina.
The card is recognized but will always show as not connected, regardless of cable plugged in or not.
I tried all possible kexts I could find, but nothing seems to do the trick.
I have a temp solution by using a USB dongle with ethernet that works OOB, but unfortunately I can't get iCloud to work with this (it's set as en0 by removing the 8111 kext and resetting the network prefs etc, but I cannot set it to builtin because it's not a PCi device and doesn't appear in the PCI devices).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Solved it myself.
I mistakenly assumed the internet must work via en0, hence my attempts to make my USB ethernet connection en0 and built in. Re-adding the RTL8111 kext and setting as built-in per the dortania guide did the trick. Still no dice on internet via that NIC, but icloud works now.

Back