Contribute
Register

Really bad news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I can guarantee you that there will be an H77 and a Z77 mini-ITX model from Gigabyte. Considering I was told so at Computex two weeks ago and I just double checked with Gigabyte and nothing has changed since then. Clearly the person that replied to your query was ill informed, but then again, I wouldn't expect support staff to know the full product roadmap.

thelostswede said:
Well, I can guarantee you that there will be an H77 and a Z77 mini-ITX model from Gigabyte. Considering I was told so at Computex two weeks ago and I just double checked with Gigabyte and nothing has changed since then. Clearly the person that replied to your query was ill informed, but then again, I wouldn't expect support staff to know the full product roadmap.
Do you know will they announce the boards earlier than August?

thelostswede said:
August is most likely the earliest you can expect them, it might even be later depending on how soon they finish the board designs and which products they focus on first.
And when they want to release it? :D

I'm seeking on an announcment...

What about the new Sapphire Z77i?
Or maybe the one that EVGA is developing now...
Do you think that will have locked the MSR? Can anyone explain to me what is that (and why affect just z77 and not z68?

Thanks.

The Sapphire board isn't ready for retail and it might actually never be made, as they feel like they don't have enough of a customer base and it would end up being an overly expensive board if they did make it.

EVGA doesn't do mini-ITX boards afaik.

so I had to try contacting Gigabyte myself and see what response they give me. In my email to them, I asked for the expected timeframe for when H77/Z77 ITX mobo's would be released.

"Dear Customer,

The product you describe will be release at the end of July.

Thank you for choosing Gigabyte products"

RedZoneOS said:
so I had to try contacting Gigabyte myself and see what response they give me. In my email to them, I asked for the expected timeframe for when H77/Z77 ITX mobo's would be released.

"Dear Customer,

The product you describe will be release at the end of July.

Thank you for choosing Gigabyte products"
So thelostswede's information is correct. End of July or August, all the same. :)

So both of you used the same channels to ask the same question but in different ways and each of you got different responses. Sounds to me that their staff doesn't know whats up. We need more emails to get a bigger sample size though. :)

It's coming, just chill out. Gigabyte wants to keep things quiet for now, so don't expect much more in terms of replies as to what they're going to do, BUT they are indeed still doing two models, H77 and Z77.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back