Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 8300
CPU
i5-2310
Graphics
HD 6700
Hi guys,

I'm no hackintosh n00b, already built some from 10.4 DP era to 10.7.5, but this time I would need advice from the experts :)
I decided yesterday to jump from 10.7.5 to 10.8.3 so I did a fresh install using latest Unibeast + Multibeast on my rig.

Everything went smooth, and I really like the responsiveness of ML.
However, I have some strange issue :

Randomly, whenever using the computer intensively or not, the OS does not respond anymore.
The mouse cursor still moves, and the computer behaves properly, but all I have is a spinning wheel or regular mouse cursor.

I can't select any window, I can't use any keyboard shortcut, anything. I am of course using USB based keyboard/mouse.

Here are my full specs :

MSI H67E45 B3 motherboard (Realtek ALC892 soundchip, Realtek 81xx Ethernet, USB 3.0)
Core i5 2500k
16 Gb DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 1 Gb
INTEL SSD 180 Gb (330 Series)
WD Black Caviar 1 Tb HDD

I have installed Multibeast with EasyBeast profile, common patches (EvOReboot, Fermi patch, ALC892 patch, patched Intel CPU PowerManagement, ...) patched my org.chameleon.boot.plist with a SystemId GUID for slow boot issue, updated to latest Chimera to fix iMessages login issue.

Any help would be highly appreciated !! :)

Open the console app and leave it open on the desktop. Note the log messages when your problem occurs. If the problem is not self evident, post back here with that detail.

You can also run with the Activity Monitor open, all processes, and note what process is running and using a massive amount of CPU resource.

neil

Thanks neilhart.

I managed to catch many Sound assertions in AppleHDAController in the console log, switched my system definition from iMac12,1 to MacPro3,1 as stated on other threads it might the cause of the issue and now they're gone :)

Will see if it improves system overall stability.

I still have a sound assertion at boot time in AppleHDACodecGeneric however, don't know if it's a real issue or not.

Hi guys,

I am a noob and i am having the exact same partial freeze problem. Can somebody explain how this was fixed... Do i use multi beast just to change what mac my computer thinks it is?

Hi.

I decided to do a fresh 10.8.3 install too, and now I have the exact same issue as you do. Random freeze, usually when in low charge, but sometimes on regular usage too. I get the mouse cursor, but nothing reacts to hover, and when I click randomly, I get the Beach Ball Of Death... I'll try logs.

I'm on the Mac Pro 3,1 system definition, and got the i5 SSDT. I'm using a DSDTFree configuration and have a nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti.

This is what changes compared to my nude Hackintest HDD system :
-GenericUSBXHCI USB 3.0 kext. May be this particular kext, it quite new.
-Installed a kext that prevents CMOS resets on restart (the Multibeast one). Not sure if it's useful on a 6-Series UEFI motherboard.

Now I can't seem to wake. When I wake, I get a frozen screen (NOT the login screen, the desktop and open windows at time of sleep) with cursor and after click a BBOD... Not sure if related.

I'll boot up my machine, with console and Activity Monitor on second screen to monitor these freezes.

Any Help welcomed !
Clovel

I have exactly the same GPU and I am also experiencing random freeze issues, usually a few hours after it has been on. I will keep my eye out for another freeze and leave the console running in the background to see if anything suspicious is going on.

Same problem for me, with the same GPU. If anybody as an idea for a fix?

Same for me...

Relevant kit:
Gigabyte P55A-UD3 (Rev.2 F11)
Asus GTX560 Ti 1GB
OS 10.8.3

It only started happening when I added the above GPU (had a GT240 1GB before and never had any issues).

Just a thought: could it be that our rigs don't have enough power to support the GPU? I'm running off a 600w at the moment...

getting same thing,anyone figure it out?
ML 10.8.4
i7 3820 3.6ghz ,Asrock x79 Extreme6,64G G-skill Ares Series DDR3 1600 RAM,Corsair H80 cooler, Corsair Force Series 3 240G SSD,OCZ Vertex 120G SSD,Samsung 240GB SSD,Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HD,EVGA GTX 460 GPU, Corsair TX 750 PSU

Hey guys,

Sorry, I should have updated once I found a working solution but I wanted to wait to see how effective it was in the long term and then I kind of, well, forgot...

The answer for me was a little app someone made called FreezeFix. Since I installed it I haven't frozen once. Here's the link to the page where it is discussed:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ermi-freeze-back-latest-drivers-10-8-3-a.html

Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back