Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

I built my Hackintosh about a year and a half ago:

Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
Intel Core i3 3220
Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti
Kingston HyperX 4GB x 4

And starting about a few months ago I have been getting random freezing that renders my system completely unresponsive. The screen remains in the same state as it was the moment it froze but nothing moves. If any audio was playing as it froze/crashed, the audio would be looping a 0.5 second part of what it was outputting at the time.

These freeze crashes seem to happen at random and I can't really draw any relations between what I was running and it crashing. They have been increasing in frequency recently and upon my last crash, the reboot ended up in almost another immediate freeze which led me to this forum for some help.

I had searched around previously for some answers but it doesn't seem like any other people are stumbling across this same problem. I thought it might be a DSDT problem and/or maybe hardware optimisation problems but being Gigabyte Motherboard, many people say that these have the least problems and DSDT editing is not required for them.

These freeze crashes happen on both my 1TB HD and my 240GB SSD which run the exact same version of Mountain Lion with a 5.3.1 Multibeast downgrade install following the latest Multibeast install to fix audio muffling issues.

If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it!

Also the build noted above was a success for the most part for anyone else wondering about it.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Chris

I have the same issue. Still not sure what the fix is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back