Apple A1289 MacPro4,1 2009 - OpenCore
CPU
X5690
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi,

I'm kind of a noob and I'm trying to hack my MacPro 5,1 (Early 2009) to run (one of) the latest MacOS versions. After the installation, the screen turns black after the Apple logo loading screen (it loads about halfway, then it turns black, but doesn't hang. I've checked it with the CapsLock key). I can see the screen however when I switch to my old NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512 MB, but I obviously don't want to use this GPU.

I've installed OpenCore and Monterey and all the necessary patches for OpenCore (when I go to "Post Install Root Patch", it says "All applicable patches already installed"). Then I've installed Hackintool and using this software I've installed the following kexts (from "Utilities" tab I've selected "Install Kext(s)" from the lower menu):
  • Lilu (1.6.4)
  • WhateverGreen (1.6.4)
  • AMD9500Controller (don't know the version)
The trouble is that I can't see the kexts in the "Extensions" tab of Hackintool. It lists all the default ones (Lilu and WhateverGreen included), but I can't see the AMD9500Controller one. Furthermore, I don't know where exactly to install those kexts. Hackintool has a default destination folder which is "/Library/Extensions". I've installed my kexts there, but because I wasn't sure I've also mounted the EFI drive (using some commands) and then I've installed them in "EFI/OC/Kexts", so they are in 2 locations now, but I still can't see the AMD9500Controller in the Extensions list. Now whenever I plug in my RX580, I get the same behavior as before (black screen at loading).

The tutorials that I've found are all a bit confusing, they tell me that I need to change something in my CLOVER configuration, but I'm not sure I have that... I've also downloaded ProperTree and played a little bit with it (I haven't changed anything in my config.plist, because I don't know which one to open and also I don't know what to edit exactly)

After some failed attempts to make it work I figured I could ask the community for some help, so any suggestion is welcome!

Thank you :)
Ben

PS: I wanted to pack as much information in this question as possible so I decided to attach my EFI folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    12 MB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back