Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 580 Sapphire 8GB Black Screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn’t make sense, IGPU doesn’t have video output, only the changes for the AMD Gpu should be visible.
Please change to iMac Pro 1,1 and disable the IGPU. Now with 10.14.5 update should work.
Your problem is a black screen or only the login screen?
The problem is as follows:
  • When connecting the Dell monitor via DisplayPort, he can see the Apple Logo and progress bar during boot.
  • But near the end of the boot process, Mojave initializes the real video driver (instead of the generic non-accelerated driver).
  • When the new driver is initialized, the screen goes black and remains black.
  • But if he simply turns the monitor off and then on, the screen works normally and he can see the Login prompt.
So this means:
  • The Dell monitor does not seem to be synchronizing to the new DisplayPort video signal after the real driver loads.
  • But the HDMI port on the same monitor does not have this problem. Only the DP port has the problem.
Other users have reported this type of problem, but it has always been on older monitors. Newer monitors seems to synchronize properly when the video signal through the DP port changes.

However, he does not experience this problem with Windows.

The problem is as follows:
  • When connecting the Dell monitor via DisplayPort, he can see the Apple Logo and progress bar during boot.
  • But near the end of the boot process, Mojave initializes the real video driver (instead of the generic non-accelerated driver).
  • When the new driver is initialized, the screen goes black and remains black.
  • But if he simply turns the monitor off and then on, the screen works normally and he can see the Login prompt.
So this means:
  • The Dell monitor does not seem to be synchronizing to the new DisplayPort video signal after the real driver loads.
  • But the HDMI port on the same monitor does not have this problem. Only the DP port has the problem.
Other users have reported this type of problem, but it has always been on older monitors. Newer monitors seems to synchronize properly when the video signal through the DP port changes.

However, he does not experience this problem with Windows.

CSM on/off ?

Hi, everybody. I have a problem with RX580 Pulse, DP port does not work (HDMI work). After downloading the Clover, the first boot screen with Apple logo, and at the moment of switching-mode get black screen. If you immediately switch to HDMI you can see the login window. Installed kexts Lillu and Green in kext/other. Changing SMBIOS to 14.1 17.1 18.3 does not affect the result. Changing in Clover RadeinDelNit on/off does not affect the result. If green to remove the system hangs within 5 minutes after download. Green enables Radeon FB and correctly determines the number of ports. Forced on FB Orinoco does not help. My RX580 Pulse has 2 BIOS (113-4E353BU-O50/113-4E353BU-TSE). I can not turn off the CSM mode, the BIOS goes to reload and turns it on again. System Mojave 10.14.3 Where to find the reason?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-07-17 at 11.41.49.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-17 at 11.41.49.png
    172.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot 2019-07-17 at 11.56.57.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-17 at 11.56.57.png
    175.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot 2019-07-17 at 11.57.15.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-17 at 11.57.15.png
    178.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20190716_173128.jpg
    IMG_20190716_173128.jpg
    584 KB · Views: 67
Hi, everybody. I have a problem with RX580 Pulse, DP port does not work (HDMI work). After downloading the Clover, the first boot screen with Apple logo, and at the moment of switching-mode get black screen. If you immediately switch to HDMI you can see the login window. Installed kexts Lillu and Green in kext/other. Changing SMBIOS to 14.1 17.1 18.3 does not affect the result. Changing in Clover RadeinDelNit on/off does not affect the result. If green to remove the system hangs within 5 minutes after download. Green enables Radeon FB and correctly determines the number of ports. Forced on FB Orinoco does not help. My RX580 Pulse has 2 BIOS (113-4E353BU-O50/113-4E353BU-TSE). I can not turn off the CSM mode, the BIOS goes to reload and turns it on again. System Mojave 10.14.3 Where to find the reason?
Hey,

Try the following: Open your Config.plist file with Clover Configurator, go to System Parameters and in the Inject Kexts field choose Yes. Save the modification and restart. Finger crossed...

Hello!

My build, dating from early 2015, has served me fine.

However my original graphics card (EVGA GeForce GTX 760) was beginning to fail.

From my basic research, I concluded that the currently recommended Radeon RX 580 Sapphire 8GB should work natively with High Sierra.

I successfully updated my build to High Sierra (with the old graphics card still in.)

However, when I swapped in the new card I am having the same problem as many here: when the resolution resets (I think) the screen goes to black and that's it.

I have tried both booting from my existing (worked fine with my old card) Clover EFIs, as well as a brand new Unibeast-created install USB (High Sierra Desktop Guide).

Same problem with all of them. Have been looking for a solution on the forums but basically I'm out of my depth and kind of trying things blindly.

Can anyone assist me in a methodical way to get this working?

Thanks in advance!

Hello!

My build, dating from early 2015, has served me fine.

However my original graphics card (EVGA GeForce GTX 760) was beginning to fail.

From my basic research, I concluded that the currently recommended Radeon RX 580 Sapphire 8GB should work natively with High Sierra.

I successfully updated my build to High Sierra (with the old graphics card still in.)

However, when I swapped in the new card I am having the same problem as many here: when the resolution resets (I think) the screen goes to black and that's it.

I have tried both booting from my existing (worked fine with my old card) Clover EFIs, as well as a brand new Unibeast-created install USB (High Sierra Desktop Guide).

Same problem with all of them. Have been looking for a solution on the forums but basically I'm out of my depth and kind of trying things blindly.

Can anyone assist me in a methodical way to get this working?

Thanks in advance!

You didn't mention anything about your Bios/UEFI settings so :
1. load optimized defaults
then set the following as previously recommended earlier in this thread:

BIOS Features>Windows 8/10 Features: Windows 8/10
BIOS Features>CSM Support: Disabled
Peripherals>Initial Display Output: PCIe 1 Slot
Peripherals>XHCI Hand-off: Enabled

Also, no mention of Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts.
Grab the latest versions of those and give it a try.
Make sure there is no GPU injection in your clover config.
FWIW - I'm using system def 17,1 with an RX 580 (MSI) and have no issues at all.
Hope it helps

You didn't mention anything about your Bios/UEFI settings so :
1. load optimized defaults
then set the following as previously recommended earlier in this thread:

Also, no mention of Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts.
Grab the latest versions of those and give it a try.
Make sure there is no GPU injection in your clover config.
FWIW - I'm using system def 17,1 with an RX 580 (MSI) and have no issues at all.
Hope it helps

Thanks for the reply.

In early troubleshooting I disabled CSM Support (I ran into this suggestion on another thread) and could not boot to Clover startup screen at all.

I will try as you recommend, but the reason I did not try that when I ran into it on this thread was because of that result.

Will let you know if that works. Thanks!

Reporting back: The only of these settings I can find in the BIOS settings for my board are disabling CSM launch (in the Advanced/Boot menu).

When I do that (after restoring defaults) there are no bootable devices at all on my system, not my newly created USB nor any of my previously working builds.

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm not sure this pertains to my MB?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back