Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

From what I've heard there's still mixed success with Hawaii, just like in Yosemite and El Capitan.
On El Capitan/Yosemite R9 290X was working OOB with single display but not with Sierra. In fact it is still working on El Capitan 10.11.6 with the latest security updates that was released two days ago.

Hello dear community,
I've sucsessfully installed the latest El Capitan Version on my build. Everything seems to work fine, but I have one major problem! Although I told Clover to set the right ID and FB for my Asus Radeon HD7870, the graphics and animations look not smooth, when I rotate an object inside of my CAD Software...moreover the animation wehn I pull a window larger ,or smaller is somehow a little bit laggy. I'm Quite new to these hackintosch-things and would appreciate it, if you guys could help me building my first Hackintosh!!! THANKS

Is there anyway to get gpu temp sensors working for R9 290x on El Capitan ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-06 at 5.58.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-06 at 5.58.35 PM.png
    46 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
In your BIOS settings - And inject Intel in your config.plist.

Do you have any suggestions for s motherboard that does not support integrated graphics?

Do you have any suggestions for s motherboard that does not support integrated graphics?

As the integrated graphics are in the processor not the motherboard, from a manufacturer's perspective there would be very little point in creating a motherboard that accepted a processor with integrated graphics but did not allow them to be used.
They would be alienating all of their potential customers that have no need for or do not wish to purchase a graphics card.

So, to answer your question, I have no suggestions for you.

Last edited:
Does anyone knows, if AMDRadeonFramebuffer is within every/each AMDx000Controller.kext?
or will this FrameBuffer be build "on the fly" while detecting a corresponding card?

With the ati personality scripts it is possibe to read out every framebuffer from the Controller.kext, so my question is: are there also values for AMDRadeonFramebuffer, which will be used by default if no corresponding FB gets found?

If someone knows, please let me know here... cause i would like to know, if it is possible too, to patch this framebuffer as well.

It's build dynamically from VBIOS, which works great for some cards (especially GCN 1.0 generation and earlier) and has bugs for others (GCN1.1+). Maybe it's somehow hardcoded for newer cards which show mentioned bugs (e.g. one or two dead ports), but I don't think so. One would have to research that by installing cards with different port layout (e.g. reference vs. custom) and observe the functionality of each port.

Hello Flor!an,

Currently, I installed El Capitan on my Hackintosh, but I have an issue with card AMD HD 7850M from Samsung AIO computer. Are you help me suggest 1 way enable Full QE/CI for AMD 7850?

Thank you.

Back