Contribute
Register

Radeon 6470m / 6490m Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Radeon 6470m Project

Of course, it's not best practice if you trust an application to fix DSDT, but it worked for me. :)
I'm currently trying some direct DSDT edits to make the Radeon work. I basically just edited the devices names to reflect their MBP counterparts, let's see if it boots up..
To modify the bootloader, install Xcode and clone the svn repository, then play around with the ati.c file.

da_beidl said:
Of course, it's not best practice if you trust an application to fix DSDT, but it worked for me. :)
I'm currently trying some direct DSDT edits to make the Radeon work. I basically just edited the devices names to reflect their MBP counterparts, let's see if it boots up..
To modify the bootloader, install Xcode and clone the svn repository, then play around with the ati.c file.

LOL ok so it seems like you know what you're doing!! I already have a ati.c file with the id added, Just need to:
1 find out what the svn repository is
2 where to find it
3 where to find the ati.c file

Dewitts said:
da_beidl said:

LOL ok so it seems like you know what you're doing!! I already have a ati.c file with the id added, Just need to:
1 find out what the svn repository is
2 where to find it
3 where to find the ati.c file
Yes, I'm a programmer :D
Download Xcode from the App Store.
After it's installed, open a Terminal and enter:
Code:
cd ~
svn co [url]http://forge.voodooprojects.org/svn/chameleon[/url]
After the repo has ben downloaded open a Finder window and get to your home directory,
then go to the new chameleon dir and open the xcode project.
If the list on the left side of the window does not show up, click the button in the upper right part of the Xcode window that might look like it would reveal a list on the left side. ;)
Then edit the ati.c, build the product and replace your current bootloader with the file <chameleondir>/trunk/sym/i386/boot

just copying xcode from my external hard drive now, already got the chameleon downloaded, apparently macman updated the trunk yesterday to include our graphics card :) woohoo!!!
Going to try that out as soon as I can

well that's just typical, I've got xcode 3.5 and it doesn't actually have xcode in it :rolleyes: I can't be looking in the wrong place can I? I'm looking in the developer folder it created and the project doesn't have a associated program

Because I can't get the appstore or facetime to play nicely with my computer, apparently it cannot verify my hardware.
I remembered seeing xcode on my snow leopard disk, no idea which version BUT it does work and I'm looking at it now (even though I should be in bed)

I see. Good luck then and i hope to see some progress made when i come back in the morning :) Don't forget to sleep.

it turns out I have xcode 3.2 and it keeps crashing when i'm trying to look at the project, no progress from me tonight :(

ok so managed to use the xcode, clicked build but it comes up with a folder and there's just no boot0 1 or h in there, going to have to investigate and find out how to build it correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back