Contribute
Register

R9 Nano in Sierra OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without the Nvidia web drivers installed you will not have any graphics acceleration from the GTX 970. You need to boot with nv_disable=1, install the drivers and then reboot and add nvda_drv=1. If you are getting a black screen and using iMac15,1/17,1 or MacPro6,1 then you need to patch the AGDP kext.

I went back to the nano and installed Sierra , still have the weird ripple line effects. I did the clover dayman and the Polaris 11 Id, fix display checked and Intel and ati injected checked. Computer crashes during Apple boot screen unless I boot with ati not injected. Either way and with both cards I still get those line ripple effects and I don't see anyone else mention them so I have no idea if they are normal.

The ripple effect you are seeing at login is the lack of acceleration. Do as I said with the GTX 970 in my previous post.

I went back to the nano and installed Sierra , still have the weird ripple line effects. I did the clover dayman and the Polaris 11 Id, fix display checked and Intel and ati injected checked. Computer crashes during Apple boot screen unless I boot with ati not injected. Either way and with both cards I still get those line ripple effects and I don't see anyone else mention them so I have no idea if they are normal.

Okay, then you'd have to do the other way from my quote: Do not use injection or fake ID, but add 0x73001002 to the "Baffin" section of X4000.kext / Info.plist.

Can you explain how to do this and
Okay, then you'd have to do the other way from my quote: Do not use injection or fake ID, but add 0x73001002 to the "Baffin" section of X4000.kext / Info.plist.
when you say don't use inject so should I not use inject for Intel either?

Description is here: http://netkas.org/?p=1456

Be sure to repair file permissions afterwards, e.g. manually like that:
Code:
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4000.kext/
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4000.kext/

Here are my specs also I have 32 memory not 16, it use to say 32 but after doing multi beast it says 16

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 116
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back