Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just ordered my parts to build a CustoMac Mini 2011 and Im curious if a low profile heatsink is required?
Also I plan to not use any optical drive in this system other then for initial osx install.
The drive listed in my sig is the only one I have atm and can't afford to buy any more parts this month. It is not listed on the compatible drive list so I'm wondering if the sleep stuff matters for the above purpose?
The only other option I have is an 8GB usb stick but something tells me i can't put the osx setup on there without having a working Mac before hand.

ikkuranus said:
I just ordered my parts to build a CustoMac Mini 2011 and Im curious if a low profile heatsink is required?
Also I plan to not use any optical drive in this system other then for initial osx install.
The drive listed in my sig is the only one I have atm and can't afford to buy any more parts this month. It is not listed on the compatible drive list so I'm wondering if the sleep stuff matters for the above purpose?
The only other option I have is an 8GB usb stick but something tells me i can't put the osx setup on there without having a working Mac before hand.

sleep only really matters for a laptop man,really no need on desktop unless you want it..
here is the proper thread for you.viewtopic.php?f=168&t=33412
:thumbup:

hardmantosh said:
ikkuranus said:

sleep only really matters for a laptop man,really no need on desktop unless you want it..
here is the proper thread for you.viewtopic.php?f=168&t=33412
:thumbup:
Sleep works with Mini, so no problem. :)

ikkuranus said:

I used the Stock CPU cooler - no problem.

davids8477 said:
I used the Stock CPU cooler - no problem.
with the same apex case shown in that post?
and what kind of temps do you get?

Attachments

• Temps.jpg
    Temps.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 122
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back