Contribute
Register

QE/CI with HD3000 on series 7 mainboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's working! Thanks dude! You saved me $155 from buying a new proc with an HD4000!

Only issue I have now is no video after wake. I think it has to do with these new UEFI motherboards and having a DSDT. My GA-Z77X-UD5H had the same problem until I took the DSDT out.
Did you try to add darkwake=0 to your kernel flags? If this doesn't help please upload your DSDT so that I can take a look at it.

Mieze

I tried every variation from this thread and still can't get full QC/QE with Z77X-UD5H & 2700K. Stuck at internal GPU with 64MB with no way to change resolution.

Please upload your DSDT and a dump of IORegistry so that I can take a look at it. Are you sure that you are using the vanilla kexts together with the DSDT-patch?

Mieze

Did you try to add darkwake=0 to your kernel flags? If this doesn't help please upload your DSDT so that I can take a look at it.

Mieze

Yes darkwake=0 is in there. Here's the weird part. This only happens over HDMI. If I hook it up over DVI, sleep wake works. I wonder if it's something to do with my HDMI audio edit. Thanks for taking a look!

Attachments

• GA-H77N-WIFI_DSDT-HD3000_IMEI.aml.zip
    13.4 KB · Views: 103
Yes darkwake=0 is in there. Here's the weird part. This only happens over HDMI. If I hook it up over DVI, sleep wake works. I wonder if it's something to do with my HDMI audio edit. Thanks for taking a look!

Your DSDT looks perfect but it might be a BIOS settings related problem. Do wakeup events get handled by the BIOS or the OS? Try to change the setting. Also check the onboard graphics related settings. Sometimes trial and error is the only way to find a solution!

Good luck!

Mieze

Your DSDT looks perfect but it might be a BIOS settings related problem. Do wakeup events get handled by the BIOS or the OS? Try to change the setting. Also check the onboard graphics related settings. Sometimes trial and error is the only way to find a solution!

Good luck!

Mieze

What would I be looking for with the wake events being handled by the OS or BIOS? I am going to try a bunch of settings in the BIOS. Tried some last night (Internal Graphics Sleep, etc) and nothing fixed it (yet).

I have a B75m-D3V with a sandy bridge CPU (HD3000) I have full QE/CI. Using the injector kext. I was wondering if anyone else is getting a a kernel panic from AppleIntelCPUPowermanagment on boot. Everything works fine with NullCPUPowermanagment. So far there is nothing I can do to resolve this issue. I know this isn't really the spot for this post, but I was hoping, that with similar setups, someone can point me into the right direction. As with any UEFI bios I do not have a DSDT, there are others that claim power management works. Could this be something related to the chipset and CPU difference????

Update: The panic was fixed with at proper SSDT installed. I didn't have the oemsmbios in my FakeSMC, but thanks for the suggestions.

I have a B75m-D3V with a sandy bridge CPU (HD3000) I have full QE/CI. Using the injector kext. I was wondering if anyone else is getting a a kernel panic from AppleIntelCPUPowermanagment on boot. Everything works fine with NullCPUPowermanagment. So far there is nothing I can do to resolve this issue. I know this isn't really the spot for this post, but I was hoping, that with similar setups, someone can point me into the right direction. As with any UEFI bios I do not have a DSDT, there are others that claim power management works. Could this be something related to the chipset and CPU difference????

Check to see if you have OEMsmbios.kext installed.

-Go to /System/Library/Extensions
-Find FakeSMC.kext -> Right Click/Show Package Contents
-Drill down to /Contents/PlugIns and look for OEMsmbios.kext
-If there, delete this file
-Reboot with -f (ignore system caches)

Good Luck!
-bth

Hi.

I have a Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H with the i5 2500K + HD3000, but NO QE/CI.

I'm using darkwake=0 npci=0x3000 -v in boot options, GE=Yes and Macmini5,1 smbios. I applied the patch for AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext and AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext from http://www.tonymacx86.com/150-enabl...therboards-hd-4000-6-series-motherboards.html and successfully managed to make ML recognize the HD3000 with 512 MB in System Info (macmini did the trick), but no hardware acceleration (Dashboard slow, no YouTube video playback and GLView doesn't show the HD, only Apple Software Rendeder).

When I execute dmesg I can see a "SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload".

Should I patch the DSDT for this MOBO? I bought the Z77X-UD5H especially for been "DSDT Free"... :-S

I'm also planing make a EFI string injection for the HD3000 graphics so I can install my HD7850 and use it under Win7 (with Virtu).

I'd appreciate your help! Thanks!

Patching the DSDT is the easiest way because it has to be done only once and it eliminates the need to patch kexts after every update.

Mieze

Thanks. I'll try the DSDT later, I finally got QE/CI and EFI string working. I've messed up the kext patch... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back