1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Here is my proposed sandy bridge mac mini build-

MB: Asus P8H67-I Deluxe (B3)
CPU: i3-2100T, 2.5ghz
Memory: 4gb, crucial, SODimm, (16gb max for board)
Cooler: scythe scsk-1100 rev. B
GPU: zotac geforce 210 512mb

I'm mostly wondering if there would be any problems with the zotac gpu or the lower power i3. I'm pretty sure the Asus board will work well, based on comments with the bigger versions of the deluxe. If that's not true please let me know. I like the Asus though because it has internal usb3 and external- plus it's a mini build so I'm not interested in overclocking. I also like the lower power requirements of CPU and such.

I own a case and power supply already.

What case are you using? Just curious thinking of my own mini-itx build.

It's a Lian-Li case that you can't buy anymore. I would suggest buying cases that you can reuse. I'm taking out my atom hackintosh and turning it into a server.

The power supply isn't strong enough for a fermi based gpu. The radeon looks like it sucks a lot of power too. Plus, I thought fermi was having some kind of problem on sandy bridge. To be honest, I don't need a very powerful gpu- I don't play games, and if I did, they wouldn't be that intensive. I'm a little annoyed that the integrated gpu isn't supported.

The zotac I'm looking at supports open gl and direct-x, so I think it would work, but thank you for the warning. Are there other lower powered gpus- low profile- that are worth looking at?

you should be fine with a 5750, considering you are not gaming, those cards massively underclock on idle. On the safe side uou should also consider a 5670 (Even less power needed, it does not even need an extra power source).

I had a Sapphire HD5670 for a few months, with minor issues, but i am aware they all are gone by now. (5670 is a killer for his price)

Those chips have very low power requirements and are supported natively on 10.6.7, just go for a reference board and you should be ok. (My Sapphire 5670 is listed). Look for an experienced Brand/Model on the forum, there is an open thread about working cards with native ATI 10.6.7.

ATI Radeon HD 5630 Device ID 0x68D8
ATI Radeon HD 5630 Device ID 0x68D9
ATI Radeon HD 5670 Device ID 0x68D8
ATI Radeon HD 5730 Device ID 0x68D8

toleda said:
Haven't heard many success stories with GT 210. In you need low profile, consider HD 5570 or GT 430. Both are working for me including HDMI audio.

Hey toleda!
I need some help with audio through hdmi
I see you have had great success with our build:
GA-H55N-USB3 & NVIDIA GT 430
I have edited my dsdt as per you & tonymac's post:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12211&hilit=toleda+gt+430
ANY help would be so appreciated, I haven't used this build as a media centre since I bought it. I have used voodoo but that is so unstable and kernel panics most of the time :(
Thanks for the time :)

Attachments

• GA-H55N-USB3-F5-GT430.aml
    15.5 KB · Views: 95
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back