Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My first attempt at a hackintosh.
I am pretty sure everything is compatible but I'm going to post here just in case I overlooked something.
GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD3-B3 LGA 1155 Intel P67
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge
Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model KHX1600C9D3B1K2/4GX
SAPPHIRE 100312-1GSR Radeon HD 6950 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16

I plan on dual booting into windows to play games.

Please do your research before posting (see FAQ's). The 69xx series is not yet supported by Apple in Snow Leopard. But, search the forum for your card series to see if someone got one working by sacrificing a chicken.

Make sure you use a Sony DVD optical drive. Apple only uses Sony and Pioneer. See links in my signature block for reference guides. Also, see the Wiki's h/w compatible pages.

Do you have any idea of whether the 6950 will be supported in the future? Strange that the 69xx series is not supported when apple use the 6970m in the imac.

try 5870 or 6870 :p

T-ReV said:
Do you have any idea of whether the 6950 will be supported in the future? Strange that the 69xx series is not supported when apple use the 6970m in the imac.
No, we don't know when the 69xx series will be supported in SL as the series is new. Although several of the forum members are Apple Developers, they can't discuss unreleased s/e. Maybe 10.6.8. Definitely when Apple announces new Mac Pro's. Sorry, that's the best we have for right now.

jpa's got has good advise if you don't want to wait. You can find a bunch of successful users builds or guides with those two series of ATI cards.

Hey T-REV,

you should be able to use the radeon 6950 this was added a few days ago so it looks like you are good to go now.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20883&hilit=radeon+6950

Regards
ikhan42

Stork said:
Please do your research before posting (see FAQ's). The 69xx series is not yet supported by Apple in Snow Leopard. But, search the forum for your card series to see if someone got one working by sacrificing a chicken.

Make sure you use a Sony DVD optical drive. Apple only uses Sony and Pioneer. See links in my signature block for reference guides. Also, see the Wiki's h/w compatible pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back