Contribute
Register

Proposed ProTools HD Sandy Bridge Hack

Status
Not open for further replies.
genzai said:
done_411 said:
Hi Guys,
How can i check which kext is making trouble to fix it?

-v to boot in verbose and post your screenshot of the kernel panic
g\

here is a screenshot of a kernel panic when i was tryin to shut down the hackintosh

scaled.php

here is a screenshot when i start my hackintosh and get a kernel panic

dscn2004z.jpg

carpeperdiem said:
But waiting 38+ seconds for a restart is a bit of a drag. Hmm. Any thoughts from the community? Are there BIOS settings I'm missing?

I spoke with StarTech support...

That is fairly normal when a SATA addon controller is installed.There isn't a lot we can suggest regarding your BIOS. It would be a good idea to contact the manufacturer of your motherboard to see if they have any settings that would help speed up the boot process when an addon SATA controller card is installed.

Has anyone installed a PCI or PCIe slot SATA controller and experienced delays before the boot drive is recognized?

@ done_411

Looks like a memory issue or a memory related DSDT issue, imho.

XLR said:
@ done_411

how u mean...memory issue... u think the ram is not ok?... 32 GB too much? or did i choose the wrong manufacturer... or is it jus a installation fail... what u mean DSDT... to change something with multibeast?

XLR said:
@ done_411

That was also going to be my suggestion. kextd is part of the process of building the kext cache, but having a panic on that process, well i've never seen that.
pull all but one stick and see it it fixes the issue. if it still happens with that stick, swap it out with one of the others, test again.

32GB is fine but one stick could just be bad or there could be a compatibility between the ram and the board. not uncommon.
g\

carpeperdiem said:
[
Has anyone installed a PCI or PCIe slot SATA controller and experienced delays before the boot drive is recognized?

installed lots of controllers, no appreciable delays. obviously some have fairly long bios/firmware screens of their own during boot, especially raid controller, but once its passed that it always boots quickly...
g\

genzai said:
carpeperdiem said:
[

installed lots of controllers, no appreciable delays. obviously some have fairly long bios/firmware screens of their own during boot, especially raid controller, but once its passed that it always boots quickly...
g\

What is interesting (to me at least) is that the PCIe SATA/eSATA card bios is first up -- and quickly moves on to the mobo BIOS, then a black screen with a flashing "\" cursor for about 25 seconds, then a flashing "_" cursor with "|" flashing as well... for another 25 seconds. Only after this 50 second delay - THEN Chimera -- and once Chimera appears, we are talking only 5 seconds to Lion. As opposed to before installing the StarTech SATA card, we were looking at 3-4 seconds before Chimera.

I am wondering if there is anything that I can do to reduce the delay before Chimera. Thurs-Sat this week is a national holiday in Taiwan & China, so I have no expectations of a reply from Jetway before next week.

Anyone else install a PCIe SATA card and experience this?
Would you say 50 seconds before Chimera is a bit long?

i have installed some efi strings.... after the reboot i have blackscreen... i used th instructions for the geforce en 210.... and now i cant find a possibilite to boot the system and to change the bootcache playlist file back....

what should i do... to take out the HDD and edit the playlist in another mac...hmm

A followup:

For audio -- I chose to get a better quality USB interface (as opposed to the Turtle Beach dongle) - for a few $ more, this puppy actually sounds good!

Behringer UCA222 U-Control Ultra-Low Latency 2 In/2 Out USB Audio Interface with Digital Output And Massive Software Bundle
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0023BYDHK/

It works OOB. Just plug it in. Optical out into 192HD interface. Done.
Max sample rate is 48k/16 -- but my music library is at 44.1/16 so this is just fine.

AAAGH! Spoke too soon. IF your PT session is at 44.1, this is perfect (optical out from Behringer to Enclosure in on the 192). but if your session is at 88.2 or higher, FAIL. Hmm... I thought the 192 was supposed to SRC on input? Time to RTFM.

Optical (ADAT) [Encl]
These are Optical ports that accept up to eight channels of Optical (ADAT) input and output, or two channels (stereo) optical S/PDIF input and output. Optical (ADAT) mode supports sample rates up to 48 kHz. In TOS-Link mode, supports two-channel Optical input and output at sample rates up to 96 kHz. This port does not feature real-time sample rate conversion.

Well that sucks. Gonna have to blow a pair of analog inputs. Fortunately I can.

cinrec said:
Hi Everyone..
Where i live its impossible to find the jetway mobo just 1 or 2 newer models with 1 pci slots. I read the thread but most recommend mobos its impossible to find here. What i must pay attention to cause some mobos have 3 pci´s but i have no idea whether it functions. I will build this for a friend he has Pro Tools HD Pci and we need 3 pci ports this also funktions.

This models can i buy here..
GIGABYTE P61-S3-B3 H61 LGA1155 DDR3-1333Mhz

or
ASUS P8H61/USB3 R3 H61 LGA1155 DDR3-1333

or
MSI P67A-C43 (B3) P67 LGA1155 DDR3-2133
(Maybe this mobo because 3 32-bit v2.3 master PCI bus slots- Support 3.3v/5v PCI bus interface)

Thanks beforehand

Hii

a few weeks ago i post this here and after many research i find a Mobo for the Pro Tools HD Cards that works great. P7P55 D (Bios 2003 Version)

I have installed with I boot Multibeast and Retail Snow DSDT and it works very well with Pro Tools 9.

Just one thing that not work is Firewire although firewire is recognized but when i connect a device such harddrive or soundcard nothing happens just power come in but the device had not function. Any ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

• pt2.jpg
    pt2.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 276
  • pt3.jpg
    pt3.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 351
  • pt1.jpg
    pt1.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 478
Status