Contribute
Register

Proposed ProTools HD Sandy Bridge Hack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where I can find a GA H55 USB3?
I have a protools HD3 PCI system running on this MB, and I need to build another.

(I knew I should have bought a few of them) DAMN

JimmyCypherz said:
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=ga+h55+usb3&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=7305505857275034647&sa=X&ei=CCECT47FEbPr0QG78djBAg&ved=0CDgQ8wIwAg

I wish it were that simple. Of course I searched google. That brings up companies that are back ordered. I don't mind going with an 1156 connecting processor. I just need to make 3 HD PCI cards fit without much trouble.

Is there any other motherboard that works well if I never find another GA H55 USB3?

Something told me to buy a few of them when I discovered how well they worked. :banghead:

mikonmac said:
@JimmyCypherz for orange drives use AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext or JMicron36xSATA.kext.

that did the trick

Hello,

I have a Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6 board. With a PCI Protools HD2 system.
I got Snow 10.6.8 running when AHCI is enabled. But then the Pro Tools 9.0.3, has crackling audio which seems to loop whatever the buffer size.

When I start with IDE mode in Leopard 10.5.7, Pro Tools 7.4 is fine.
When I start with AHCI mode in Leopard 10.5.7 Pro Tools 7.4 has the same crackling audio.

Tried installing the AppleIntelPIIXATA. So I can now boot into Snow in IDE mode but still no luck....

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

Seems it had nothing to with IDE or AHCI mode. Trying all sorts of stuff. With IRQ and graphics cards strings.....nothing worked.

It worked one time by changing the GenerateCStates and GeneratePStates to "No" in the boot.plist. But then I restarted and it's broke again... hmmm

<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>No</string>

Does anyone here works with at least two PCI (not PCI Express) cards on 10.6.8 with Protools 10?

Did you experienced any problems with a communication between the 2 PCI cards?

mikonmac said:
@JimmyCypherz for orange drives use AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext or JMicron36xSATA.kext.

I have tested my build with Jetway mobo, all perfect. I used a "classic" iboot + 10.6.3 DVD, updatehelper, combo update 10.6.8, multibeast with VooD DSDT.
For audio I used ViaHDA.kext.

Small question:
with the following configuration the Accel put in slot 4 does not activate automatically:
Core -----> 1 slot
Process -> 2 slots
Process -> Slot 3
Accel ----> 4 slots
All cards are PCI-X.
In practice, the Accel in slot 4 must be manually activated in PT.

I know that is not a big problem, but maybe the solution is trivial ... if there is.

Thanks in advance for the answers.

other build specs:
CPU: i7 2600K
Video: 8500GT 1 GByte
HD: WD 2 TByte (chameleon in EFI partition)

If I'm not mistaken, I think the Accel is supposed to be next to the core card and then the regular HD cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back