Contribute
Register

Probook 6570b OS X 10.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
So did you manage upgrading the LCD?

Well....

I'm in the same position. I bought the 1920x1080 screen. I have just powered up the laptop, and the screen lights up, but nothing visible.

I guess I need that cable?

I'm gonna order it today, and maybe everything should work? If not, I will be selling it all on eBay.

Well....

I'm in the same position. I bought the 1920x1080 screen. I have just powered up the laptop, and the screen lights up, but nothing visible.

I guess I need that cable?

I'm gonna order it today, and maybe everything should work? If not, I will be selling it all on eBay.

The higher resolution screens use a dual-link cable. The laptops with the lower resolution screens probably don't have the correct cable (the single-link cable would be cheaper for the laptop manufacturer).

Did you re-patch your DSDT? It is necessary.

The higher resolution screens use a dual-link cable. The laptops with the lower resolution screens probably don't have the correct cable (the single-link cable would be cheaper for the laptop manufacturer).

Did you re-patch your DSDT? It is necessary.

I have the cable, but have not installed it. No problems doing that, when I get around to actually doing it.

I am on Clover, and I might just do a fresh install, and restore my Time Machine. It's only a 60GB partition, with about 30GB free. There is nothing on it.

As long as the laptop boots, and I can see the bios, I know the cable/screen upgrade works (and can boot to Windows too).

I hopefully will be replacing the cable over this weekend.

I have the cable, but have not installed it. No problems doing that, when I get around to actually doing it.

Wow. You chose to install the display, but not install the cable while you had it apart? OK...

Wow. You chose to install the display, but not install the cable while you had it apart? OK...

No, I had the screen first. Tried that, then ordered the cable. I have the cable now, but have not installed it yet.

I put the original screen back in, in order to use the laptop.

I am actually going to install the cable now. Let's see what happens.

:)

EDIT - After disassembling the whole laptop, switching out the cables. I have the same result.

I do not see the bios, but the screen itself lights up, so it is getting power.

EDIT 2 - Whilst replacing screen for the old one, to see if it worked with this new cable. It appears that is in fact the same cable! The forum I obtained this part number from is incorrect, and cost me £30! However, I have found another cable, which is only £10. I will order to see if it works!

I have now ordered the Part Number MPN 50.4RY03.001. Let's see if that one works. I am going to try my hardest to get this 1920x1080 screen to work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back