Register

Probook 4540s Ivy Bridge howto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have downloaded the Champlist. The closest option they have for my CPU are:
  • MacbookPro10.1 - Core i7 (3615QM) 2.30Ghz RetinaBook
  • MacBookPro9,1 - Core i7 (3615QM) 2.30Ghz

Thoughts?

Both are valid choices. If you used Probook Installer 6 before AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext is patched. Copy it back to /S/L/E and correct permissions
sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

then update system caches
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

and copy SMBios.plist and SSDT.aml to /Extra folder. SSDT generated by Pike's script needs extra Pstate at the bottom like in this post
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...hes-comments-questions-please.html#post537980

use MaciASL to compile the SSDT_PR.dsl file and save it as SSDT.aml
http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/83565-native-dsdt-aml-ide-compiler-maciasl-open-beta.html

Attachments

• 3612QM.zip
    80.6 KB · Views: 132
Both are valid choices. If you used Probook Installer 6 before AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext is patched. Copy it back to /S/L/E and correct permissions
sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

then update system caches
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

and copy SMBios.plist and SSDT.aml to /Extra folder. SSDT generated by Pike's script needs extra Pstate at the bottom like in this post
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...hes-comments-questions-please.html#post537980

use MaciASL to compile the SSDT_PR.dsl file and save it as SSDT.aml
http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/83565-native-dsdt-aml-ide-compiler-maciasl-open-beta.html

I copied AppleIntelCPUManagment.kext back to S/L/E and both SMBios.plist and SSDT.aml you attached to your previous post into the /Extra folder.

Are you asking me to add this extra Pstate entry to the end of the SDDT.aml? Then use MaciASL to compile the SSDT_PR.dsl file and save it over SSDT.aml?

Allright.. I think I understand what you're asking me to do..I think...

1. Move AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext back to /System/Library/Extensions/
  2. Run: sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
  3. Run: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
  4. Create a SMBios.plist from using the Champlist.app selecting MacbookPro10.1 - Core i7 (3615QM) 2.30Ghz RetinaBook option as my option
  5. ​Move SMBios.plist to /Extras
  6. Download ssdtPRGEN.sh (edit baseFrequency to 1100 for Mobile Intel CPU)
  7. Run ./ssdtPRGen.sh 35 3100 1 (my i7-3612QM settings) to get PStates
  8. copy additional Pstates into SSDT_PR.dsl
  9. Run MaciASL to compile the SSDT_PR.dsl - save as SSDT.aml in /Extras
  10. Run HWMonitor or MSRDumper to get additional PState info

Allright.. I think I understand what you're asking me to do..I think...

That's a about right. And if something goes wrong or you want to skip some steps for now, use attached files.
"Run HWMonitor or MSRDumper" should go to number 9 on your list to verify how PM works. On mine there is a gap between step 12 and 22. It's still not perfect on Ivy.

p.s.
baseFrequency needs to changed to 1100 inside Pike's script for mobile IvyBridge.

Probook 4540s Ivy Bridge how to

This is silly but I can't figure out how to download the ssdtPRGen.sh script..

Hello again.

I was able to follow your TT fairly easily, but ran into a snag after rebooting after completion. Booting with the "GraphicsEnabler=No UseKernelCache=No -f -v" also hangs at the same spot, right after Nanosecond uptime. I'm not sure how to get back into ML without reinstalling.

I'm assuming this has to do with my
i7-3612QM?
Here is a link my 4540s exact spec.

View attachment 44678

That happened to me when I installed Mountain Lion. I formatted that partition again, and re-installed it. It worked perfectly.
If that doesn't work, try installing Snow Leopard using iBoot for Ivy Bridge, and then updating to Mountain Lion from there. I did that for a friend of mine.

Fantastic news, well done! Can you confirm if you used the 10.8.2 kext files from the probook installer or not to help with the question above?

Really happy it worked for you, Pete

Yes, I used the Probook installer, worked perfectly. Apart from the WiFi, no problem at all! :D

Thanks again for your guide, and RehabMan for his guide on how to quad boot. :)

EDIT: I disabled sleep for my Mac, since I always use it connected to AC power. But I did hear that there are problems after exiting sleep mode.

That's a about right. And if something goes wrong or you want to skip some steps for now, use attached files.

EDIT: Changed step numbers from above post.

Steps 1 - 5 along with using the 10.8.2 Kext from the ProBook Installer gave me a kernel panic, booting into Single-User mode and moving AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext back to / didn't fix it. So I installed OS X again.

As of right now my
HP Probook 4540s C6Z86UT boots by accomplishing the following. I still need help running steps 6-10..

• ProBook installer: (2 options)

1. Chimera 1.11.1
  2. Kext wizard

• deleted /Extra folder
  • copied /Extra folder supplied within 4540s folder
  • Installed kext supplied within Extensions 4540s folder
  • Ran Champlist.app (selected MacbookPro10.1 - Core i7 (3615QM) 2.30Ghz RetinaBook)
  • moved new SMBios.plist to /Extra (overwrote old SMBios.plist)

That's the latest script with already adjusted baseFrequency to 1100. It needs lowest state duplicated and compiled.

Attachments

• ssdtPRGen.sh.zip
    4.4 KB · Views: 116
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back