Contribute
Register

ProBook 4530s ... Display dims on startup...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the direction.

I will try to patch DSDT and see if that fixes the issues ... thank you ... appreciate you taking the time to look through the IOReg.

Thank you.

You have wrong (and maybe missing) kexts too... You should follow the guide as written.

Also issues with config.plist.

Rehabman: I tried repatching the DSDT by running PBI CE ... that did not help. So I went ahead and followed the guide as written three times over word for word ... unfortunately still the same results: I boot fine from USB EFI but when I boot directly to the OS, I get the blank screen.

What is really strange is, I have another ProBook 4540s, I had used the same USB to install both laptops, the other one works fine. Only difference being this laptop with the issue had Mavericks on it prior to Yosemite. The other one was a fresh install of Yosemite. Like I said in my earlier post, this laptop used to work fine too for about 5 months, I just started having issues this month. :(

Is there another way to patch besides installing all over again? From your prior post it sounds like I need to patch display, AppleUSBXHCI, HDMI audio and battery

Appreciate any guidance you can provide to point me in the right direction to get these corrected. Thank You.

Rehabman: I tried repatching the DSDT by running PBI CE ... that did not help. So I went ahead and followed the guide as written three times over word for word ... unfortunately still the same results: I boot fine from USB EFI but when I boot directly to the OS, I get the blank screen.

What is really strange is, I have another ProBook 4540s, I had used the same USB to install both laptops, the other one works fine. Only difference being this laptop with the issue had Mavericks on it prior to Yosemite. The other one was a fresh install of Yosemite. Like I said in my earlier post, this laptop used to work fine too for about 5 months, I just started having issues this month. :(

Is there another way to patch besides installing all over again? From your prior post it sounds like I need to patch display, AppleUSBXHCI, HDMI audio and battery

Appreciate any guidance you can provide to point me in the right direction to get these corrected. Thank You.

Post troubleshooting files as mentioned in the guide (the RED text).

Here are the troubleshooting files.

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• Troubleshooting 2015-05-23 23-53.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 90
Here are the troubleshooting files.

Thank you for your help.

Boot verbose. Show photo if it stops.

Also, if you can log in via remote desktop, post ioreg.

During boot it just fades into darkness, so I figured a video might convey the details better. Attached is the boot video and the IOReg.

Attachments

• BootVideo.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 60
  • HP ProBook.ioreg
    1.3 MB · Views: 96
During boot it just fades into darkness, so I figured a video might convey the details better. Attached is the boot video

Did you try pressing your brightness up key? (assuming you have patched DSDT in place).

and the IOReg.

It appears the ioreg is a result of booting from USB.

Provide ioreg after booting with HDD.

Attached is the IOReg after booting from HD.

Since you asked about the brightness up ... I thought I will give it another try ... guess what it worked :headbang:

I had tried it before and it did not do anything ... but this time around it worked. Thank you for you guidance. Could you check my IOReg just to make sure that I have the necessary kexts patched?

Thank you for all your help ... you the man! :thumbup:

Attachments

• MacBook Pro HD.ioreg
    3.2 MB · Views: 84
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back