Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

First let me thank everyone for what apears to be a crazy amount of work involved in writing the tools and maintaing this website. It has been a godsend in my first mis-adventures with hackintosh.

After a few attempts and some fiddling with hardware, I have managed a semi-successful install using the iBoot + Multibeast method. I am having a problem with loading OSX from the hard drive without the iBoot CD. I am using a Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3, i7-870, a single 4GB stick of generic 1333Mhz RAM and a nVidia GTS450. No other cards or periphals.

I have tried a few different combinations of options during MultiBeast (although I have to admit at times, I'm a little over my head) but I still cant seem to get past a system freeze on the grey apple loading screen (when using EasyBeast) or a hard reset at the same screen (when using the UserDSDT). Boot with iBoot CD seems to work fine though.

I'm not really after a free lunch here, just some general guidance as to where to go next. Is there someway that I can enable some sort of "verbose" boot mode so I can see exactly where the system is hanging? Also, I had some reservations in using an nvidia gpu; should I work with a Radeon card rather than the GTS450? (I have 2 5870s in one of my other PCs, I suppose I could borrow one of those!)

I just thought I would post here first in case I'm doing something really stupid before comissioning a CustomBeast install (which btw, I'm very happy to do if necessary)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Im getting rather tired of re-installing this os lol. Thanks in advance.

Jamie

EDIT: Probably goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway. All BIOS settings are set correctly. Im using an OEM LG sata dvd burner and WD Caviar Blue 500GB hdd, both connected to the Blue (Intel) ports on my board.

Maybe even if someone else has confirmed an install on this board and could give me a quick rundown of the correct packages to tick in MultiBeast, that would be great?

For verbose add the boot flag -v at the chimera/chameleon screen before selecting your OS X install.

Hi
TehCrucible i wish i know the answer as i am having the same problem. Can't run OSX without iboot after completing instaletion and running MultiBeast.

My spec;
Intel i3 540 3.06Ghz (Clarkdale)
Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H Intel H55 (Socket 1156)
MSI GeForce GTX 460 Hawk
Disc Caviar 500 GB

Bios set up as on tonymacx86 screenshoots

Where to find a solution please?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back