Contribute
Register

Problem with ( pci cobfiguration begin )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Problem with ( pci configuration begin )

Hello, i think i am stuck right now.

Gear:

2048MB Inno3D GeForce GTX 760 iChill Aktiv PCIe 3.0 x16 2xDVI/1xHDMI/1xDisplayPort (Retail)
GA-Z87X-UD5H
Core™ i5-4670 Haswell
ST2000DX001 2 TB
DIMM 4 GB DDR3-1600 Kit

The graphic card is in pcie x16 slot, which is the second from top .
The HDD is partitioned in 3 partitions ( for having all < 1TB ).
I can install to 10.6.3 but when i update like in the 10.6 guide ( open multibeast -> install 10.6.8 -> really install multibeast ) i stuck at boot0 error , then with iboot stuck at apple screen or PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN ( with -x -v ) .

I tried:

1)The two solutions from "boot0 official guide" .
Both did not help (dd ...if= ... of=rdisk0s2 and install multibeast from external mac. )Bootloader now works but i have the apple screen or with -x -v it fails when it loads data from /.../System/... at the 8th or 9th screen > then imediatelly black screen. Its too fast to see.
When i do the npci=0x2000/3000 thing (+PCURootUID=1) , i get kernel panics or apple screen stays..

It does not start to spin the wheel :(

HDD is at SATA 0

2) Installing the two 2 kexts from OSX 10.6.7 after 10.6.8 , also tried to install a new PCIFamily kext.
It seems as if it changed nothing.

Is anyone here who can help me with a working solution for this combination of gear ?
Or am i doing something essentially wrong?

A last point to the graphics:
In 10.6.3 it´s only possible 1024*768 and i cant see the top bar of os x. (Somehow one time it booted in 800*600 , then i could see the whole desktop) , rebooted -> back to 1024 without topbar, now stays in 1024 after some reboots.

In 10.6.3, installed my Audio Interface, works in Itunes but now i can´t install Logic because it says 0 VRAM and no QUARTZ . I tried to activate the HD4000 in BIOS , but gives no signal to monitor... meeeeh.

The key to installing Snow leopard is to get to the Mac App Store and create a UniBeast installer of Mountain Lion/Mavericks. You will not get Snow Leopard running on your hardware.

Once you update to 10.6.8 using iBoot which gives you access to the Mac App Store. You can download Mavericks for free and create your installer. Once you have created your installer you will find that you have full support for the Current OS X and Hardware in hand.

... the problem is, that my M-Audio Firewire 1814 driver does not work on Mavericks . :/

AND: I can´t reboot after installing 10.6.8 . Will a simple logout do it ?

It would be OK if i had Mavericks and had to buy a new Interface.

... the problem is, that my Firewire 1814 driver does not work on Mavericks . :/

AND: I can´t reboot after installing 10.6.8 . Will a simple logout do it ?

Reboot and use iBoot to get you back into OS X. Its the only way. As for the Firewire, maybe you will have to upgrade if its not supported in Mavericks. Cheaper than the other hardware you have. OS X free and will work. Hardware working. One peripheral on the bidding decision :thumbup:

yeah, i would like to update to Mavericks, but even with the iboot CD i can´t get into OSX 10.6.8

yeah, i would like to update to Mavericks, but even with the iboot CD i can´t get into OSX 10.6.8

Did you run MultiBeast on your Snow Leopard installation? If you did do a fresh install. Update to 10.6.8 giving you access to the Mac App Store and download OS X Mavericks. iBoot will enable you to get back into OS X to achieve the goal of OS X Mavericks.

Finally,

http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...ow-fix-problem-pci-configuration-begin-4.html

was the answer, so now i am succesfully in 10.6.8 and loading Mavericks.

Anyway, is it possible to run my graphics card on 10.7.3 ?

What Graphic Card do you prefer for 10.6.8 ? WIll it be possible to replace with older one ?

Final goal: I only need my Logic 9 to work, and this needs Quartz Extreme and a working VRAM it says on attempting to install.

Finally,

http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...ow-fix-problem-pci-configuration-begin-4.html

was the answer, so now i am succesfully in 10.6.8 and loading Mavericks.

Anyway, is it possible to run my graphics card on 10.7.3 ?

What Graphic Card do you prefer for 10.6.8 ? WIll it be possible to replace with older one ?

Final goal: I only need my Logic 9 to work, and this needs Quartz Extreme and a working VRAM it says on attempting to install.

Your graphics card needs Mountain Lion 10.8.3 or later. Your processor/motherboard needs Mountain Lion 10.8.5 or Mavericks.
As I mentioned you won't be able to run Snow Leopard permanently on your configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back