Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Built my mac successfully but does not recognize the Graphics card and does not give any resolution options.attaching Novabench error report . it quits while checkin graphics.
Thanks in Advace.

Attachments

• Nova Bench error report.rtf
    35.7 KB · Views: 98
i got the same card bro, u can enable qe/ci by adding an efi string to apple.boot.com.plist in your extra folder and adding a string to the 50hal.kext in s/l/e but i still can't get it to recognize the card fully because cinebench only gives me 6fps. check my post here i don't know if u have the same device id but if u do these steps should work for you viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16553&start=10

make sure you repair permissions..

can anyone help me get this card fully working? there are tons of people trying to get it to work but its not in the prerelease nvidia.c sourcecode

device id 0x10c310de

Same problem ...
:banghead:
Card is a very nice Zotac...
Asus in signature works perfectly.

really u got the asus to work? whats the device id? i have a asus and can't get the damn thing to be reckonized fool

Arghhh ... don't write it down... and don't remember ... however worked OOB. No need to add id.
I have sold the PC .. but I can get this info... stay tuned!

I got an ASUS EN8400GS 512MB as well. With device ID 0x10c3. Have QE/CI, full resolution, but card is displayed as "Unknown nVidia card" by System Profiler.

Quite laggy with animations in OS X 10.6.7 too.

Tried CINEBNECH 11.5, 8400GS is recognized but I got 2.48fps.

yeah if u figure it out send me a pm.. i tried changing my model in bios.plist from 3,1 to 4,1 and 5,1..

3,1 definitely runs the best gave me 6 fps in cinebench 5,1 gave me 1fps

still tryin to figure out how to get chameleon to recognize it

I routinely get 6.3 fps.

I tried adding the device id into the geforce kext last nite, didn't do anything.

I've run tonymac's nvidia update, which added a Nvidia100 kext...adding the id that kp's the machine on start up, so I dumped it.

Device id is 0x06e4.
Have no way to test with Cinebench.
But how you can see in attachment it is recognized in System Preferences.

Attachments

• Schermata 2011-04-08 a 19.21.26.png
    Schermata 2011-04-08 a 19.21.26.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 140
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back