HD 4600
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Trying to upgrade my S/L 10.6.8 to Lion 10.7 using Unibeast and is hanging up during the process. I am using a USB stick plugged into the rear USB 2.0 port and boot loader loads up without problems and starts the Lion install process but then hangs with just a grey screen with the Apple icon and a spinning gear displayed. The last line of the verbose output prints out the MAC address and that is where it stops.

My setup is a Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (F10) and using the i5-2500K's HD 3000 onboard graphics. Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Re: Problem upgrading to Lion

Try flagging GraphicsEnabler=No before you boot into the lion installer

How long is it hanging? If I recall correctly it will stay at the gray apple boot screen for a little bit on the first attempt because its loading things up. I just upgraded to Lion, but I did a fresh install on a SSD.

eddie8t: it hangs forever.
dwwilldadrummer: I tried setting the GraphicsEnabler=No already - no affect.

Have you tried booting in safe mode?

I tried but it doesn't want to boot in the safe mode. It just boots up as I described above - eventually a small icon that is a square with a crossed out circle within it appears in the Apple logo. Just for grins I am going to prepare the USB stick on my Hackintosh (running 10.6.8) - curious to see if that makes any difference. I've been using my MB Air to prepare the USB stick.

Try the USB 2.0 port and double check BIOS settings are in order.

Have been using the USB 2.0 port all along; also checked and rechecked the bios settings including making sure the Onboard VGA in the Advanced BIOS Features is set to Always Enable. This thing is really getting me pissed off now especially since I can't boot in safe mode.

Shouldn't you have used the I can't remember what is name now, if no PEG use onboard video?

Its "Enable if no external PEG". Thanks - I'll give that a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back