Contribute
Register

Problem installing Yosemite on Lenovo Y50

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how can I install this on my computer? Should I unzip it and rename to *.kext or what? I am still on virtual machine on windows.
I am new to all these, sorry.

Read the README. Put it in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched if you're using it for your installation process.

Read the README. Put it in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched if you're using it for your installation process.

So I have to re-install everything again? Put the extracted folder in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched right?
I tried the readme on my virtual machine and it said no such file or directory from the third command line.

So I have to re-install everything again? Put the extracted folder in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched right?
I tried the readme on my virtual machine and it said no such file or directory from the third command line.

Put the kext in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. Make sure you read the README so you know where to download from.

If you are installing it to your USB that is different from installing it your your final install.

Put the kext in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. Make sure you read the README so you know where to download from.

If you are installing it to your USB that is different from installing it your your final install.

Thanks it worked. Now I've done the post-installation like in the Clover guide but the boot menu only shows Windows when I start the computer without the the bootable USB drive.
Is there any way that I can choose what OS to start without having to plug in an USB? Thanks.

Thanks it worked. Now I've done the post-installation like in the Clover guide but the boot menu only shows Windows when I start the computer without the the bootable USB drive.
Is there any way that I can choose what OS to start without having to plug in an USB? Thanks.

Rename /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi.

Rename /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi.

So now I can get into Clover bootscreen without the USB but for some reason the hackintosh partition doesn't show up?

So now I can get into Clover bootscreen without the USB but for some reason the hackintosh partition doesn't show up?

Probably a config.plist issue. Make sure you're having it scan for entries. Is Clover on the same disk as the target partition?

Probably a config.plist issue. Make sure you're having it scan for entries. Is Clover on the same disk as the target partition?
Yes they are on the same disk drive since my laptop only has one hdd. I just edit the config.plist like the end of the clover guide. Where is this "scan for entries"?

UPDATE: nevermind i found the scan for entries. It is Ticked by default

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back