Hi all,

I've got a strange issue. I've built my Hack as follows

Z68XP-UD3-P
i7 2600k
8g Corsair ram
60G SSD SATA System Disk
500G SATA Audio Project Disk
Radeon 6870 1G
- Customac built from Unibeast with very few issues aside from no sleep.

I have a stunningly fast machine and everything works!! Thanks to all here for that.

I use an Apogee Ensemble Firewire interface which works on the system Firewire bus seemingly fine aside from random pops and audio dropouts. Because of these dropouts, I added a Texas Instruments Firewire card that has a 4 pin power connector (Can't seem to find any way to power it). It works Great.. My whole system runs smooth as silk with pristine audio... However...

After roughly an hour or so of using Logic Pro, the software seems to really Lag. Everything works fine but a click may take a few seconds to respond and it lags more and more the longer it's in use. A restart of Logic fixes this.

I also noticed the same thing happens with Quicktime when playing multiple files after a period of use. I get a load of lag until i restart the program.

Does anyone have Any ideas as to what this could be? What could be causing the lag over time? My Ensemble shouldn't need Power from the firewire bus as it has it's own power supply.

It may be worth noting that My Ensemble isn't recognised by the computer when I power it on unless I log out of OSX and log back in. This never happened with my Mac Pro or Macbook.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

a bit later answer. i know that Logic is very slow to start playback when you use all the cores of the CPU. (check in the Logic's preferences to change that).
there is always that super irritating delay before it starts to play your project when you press spacebar.
it's bug in Logic 9.x. i think newer versions fixed that but i am not even sure.

do the ensemble still work good with the TI chipset firewire card ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back