Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GTX670 OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My network stopped working so I went through MB again and now unable to boot (back screen). Figure I have to enter my standard flags again but when I press the wired keyboard at startup logo I am unable to enter any flags and it continues to boot (which it then stops).

The computer was working great for years then the network just one day stops. What is going on here? I am going to do a fresh install.

gigabyte X79 UD3
GTX 670
i3930k
32 GB RAM

Before reinstalling you may want to try:

Plug your keyboard into a different USB port and see if it responds or test it on another computer.
If you can boot using Unibeast restore a good configuration from Time Machine rather than reinstall.
If you cannot boot from Unibeast but can create a Linux Distro boot CD on another computer see if you can boot from that and if your components are working properly.

Thanks for the reply. I tried all the different ports. During FCPX exports the machine is going nuts using all of the RAM. I tested the RAM and it is fine. With these two issues I think the issue might be with the mobo. I ordered another and going to replace today, will see if that is the issue. Will update.

So I narrowed down the issue: It has everything to do with bluetooth (im not sure if it's the specific adaptor that I am using IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 USB Micro Adapter (GBU521) ).

Temporary fix:
1. move the UBS bluetooth adaptor to a different port, this allowed me to boot with flags
2. ran safe mode and the computer seems to be working fine, WITH ONE EXCEPTION: multi-finger touchpad actions do not work, in order to get them functioning I turn off/on bluetooth, BUT once I do that I have the same export and memory usage issues
3. I am thinking that this is a problem with the standard kext that is installed although I have not read about anyone else having these issues.

I am going to try and figure out how to get the internal bluetooth working on the board and see if that fixes anything. Otherwise I am not sure what is going on as this was not an issue with previous mac os builds 10.9.3 and below.

Any ideas or insight would be huge as I would like to use bluetooth with its capabilities.

Thanks

this is solved by either removing the bluetooth adaptor or placing the USB keyboard in a slot adjacent to the USB adaptor. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Still worried that it might mean there is something wrong with the system but the main issue is "file cache" which I will start another post about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back