Contribute
Register

Potential Hackintosh Core M Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cube i7 Stylus would be very interesting.

Display: 10.6" PLS, 1920x1080 with Wacom Stylus support*
* Surface Pro 2 panel with built-in Wacom hardware (SAMSUNG LTL106HL01-001)
Touch: 10-point multi-touch*
* Controller: FocalTech FT5826
CPU: Intel Core M 5Y10c
RAM: 4GB Low Power DDR3*
* Hynix Dual Channel LPDDR3-1600, 2x2GB
SSD: Foresee 64GB*
* Speed: ~500 Read [MB/s] and ~170 Write [MB/s]
Audio Codec: Realtek ALC283
WiFi/Bluetooth: Realtek RTL8723BU
Cameras: 5.0 MP (rear), 2.0 MP (front)

Since the Surface Pro 2 can be used with Hackintosh, I assume the Display with Wacom Digitizer should work - and that where it gets interesting. A tablet with a Wacom digitizer and hackintosh for this price would be AWESOME. For digital art it would be finally the thing everyone wants.
Don`t know what kind of controller the Surface Pro 2 is using, but if it`s the same it would be awesome, because multitouch works with the Surface Pro 2.

The Question is... can we get the whole thing working? I did not found any kext for the WiFi/Bluetooth and does the graphics work now?
I want an affordable graphic tablet with hackintosh on it. Please can we get this working?

Let us know how it goes.

I just ordered up a Cube i7 Stylus. I got a great deal on it, and I am fine with resorting to only using Windows on it, given how good the specs are. I will be the guinea pig for installing OSX on it.

Here are my thoughts:

-Intel HD 5300 - shouldn't be an issue
-Wacom digitizer - use kexts for from Surface 2

If those two work, that's the most important.

2nd highest priority: Wifi

-If I can't get the stock wifi card to work, i'll replace it (it's relatively easy to crack open the case and replace components

3rd priority: audio

-I can live without this, but hopefully can find a solution

I'll let you guys know once it arrives.

In the mean time, let me know if you have any thoughts on where I should start.

Thanks and looking forward to getting this working.

Thanks @RehabMan, I skimmed through and am aware of some of the idiosyncrasies of broadwell graphics. Hopefully the unlocked bios of Cube i7 Stylus should help getting HD 5300 working.

As a general update, my Cube i7 Stylus should arrive in two days. At that point, I'll begin working on it.

Research update: WiFi/Blutooth

Unfortunately, this card is not replaceable, so WiFi will remain a challenge. In light of this discovery, I will either use a dongle (which is not very attractive given a. port availability and b. the increasing driver issues that seem to emerge with each major OS release--notably Ralink issues with El Capitan), or will use Parallels to virtualize the linux driver for this device, using a very small footprint distro, and pass the virtual network connection to OS X.

There's a nice post that explains this process here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...-1-2-osx-android-windows-multiboot/?p=2174405

At this point, my primary concern is the touch screen and graphics. Hopefully, given the similarities to Surface Pro 2--both in terms of shared hardware (e.g. touch panel) and incompatibility challenges (e.g. unsupported wifi/bt card)--I can benefit from others' past progress in this effort.

So I decided to cancel the Cube i7 order.

With recent progress by Alex Daoud over at InsanelyMac on touchscreen drivers for non-wacom digitziers, I have come to the conclusion that I don't really need a 16:9 convertible:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304796-guide-1010-on-the-surface-pro-3/page-15#entry2182630

I already have 2 Macbook Airs (personal 11", and work 13"). I don't want a big clunky tablet. What I do need is a tablet replacement for my iPad Air, which is getting old.

Ideally, I would want a 9.6" 4:3 form factor, with a Core M and HD5300 graphics--such as the Onda v919 Core M.

I'd like to be able to dual boot Android and Windows 10 on it, and use Mac OSX on it for more serious work, such as development

I am going to wait and see how Alex Daoud's driver turn out. If they can be used on the Onda, or if I think I can fork Alex's driver and contribute support for the Onda, I will pick one up. But for now I am going to hold off.

@srpa would you mind sharing your Onda v919 Core M DSDT?

Some folks over at insanely Mac have made significant progress on a touch driver which may be compatible with the Onda touch panel, but they'll need to see the DSDT to know for sure.

The Onda is looking increasingly attractive, particularly because the 3G card can be replaced with an OSX compatible Wifi/BT card for 100% compatibility. This tablet really would be the perfect Mac tablet for me (and likely many others!)

Well I got the Cube i7, for the last 12hours I have been trying to boot EL CAPITAN, I have fallowed this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...e-asus-zenbook-ux305fa-using-clover-uefi.html , but i get stucked in "System uptime in nanoseconds: 143335216926.

Any ideas?

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Broadwell info in the FAQ. It is important.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Well I did manage to kinda boot the intaller, hahahaha.
But something is wrong, just take a look at the pic.
20151113_172621.jpg
Belive or not this is the installer, but all messed up...
What could it be??
I think it has something to do wiht config.plist but not sure.
HAve you ever seen something like this?

Thanks I just did, this device has unlocked bios, so i can change everyting. But I´ve notice that if i change the allocated memory (as said in the guideAustere.J´s guide) i see no change at dedicated video memory.
Should i follow the steps for pathing the allocated memory or not?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back