Register

Post your GEEKBENCH scores!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Post you GEEKBENCH scores!

kmair said:
Cavej03 said:

http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/448179

Trying to hit that 16000 mark gonna use 12.2 instead of 3.1 and will post back soon.
Wow! Pretty impressing! Are you using an SSD? IF so which one exactly?

no ssd yet... thinking of getting a ocz agility atm just using a 7200 rpm drive. 1tb

I just ran it again and got 12000 with a different bios config (actually the same but i reset everything to make sure things were correct)... then i reset my bios to the saved config and got 14600 again... its strange as I'm sure i put everything the same.

I don't know if my over clock is working. Geekbench doesn't show it nor does Mac system info or nova bench. Im trying to run at 40x 100 multiplier which should give me 4ghz on each core.

Cavej03 said:
kmair said:
Cavej03 said:

http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/448179

Trying to hit that 16000 mark gonna use 12.2 instead of 3.1 and will post back soon.
Wow! Pretty impressing! Are you using an SSD? IF so which one exactly?

no sad yet... thinking of getting a ocz agility atm just using a 7200 rpm drive. 1tb
But how can you almost hit 16,000? I'm on i7 950, 8GBRAM, 9500GT, and I am only hitting 8900 max! Oh is it from my Graphics card?

kmair said:
But how can you almost hit 16,000? I'm on i7 950, 8GBRAM, 9500GT, and I am only hitting 8900 max! Oh is it from my Graphics card?

I dunno if Geekbench does graphics.. Try an app called Novabench and post your results mine is

Graphics is 600 of that and ignore the win 7 bit... that name on this forums I'm ashamed :oops:

Cavej03 said:
kmair said:

I dunno if Geekbench does graphics.. Try an app called Novabench and post your results mine is

hahaha no I am just wondering how your benchmarks are much higher than mine, even your memory is almost double, and you're only 4GB, and I am 8. :(

kmair said:
hahaha no I am just wondering how your benchmarks are much higher than mine, even your memory is almost double, and you're only 4GB, and I am 8. :(

Maybe my over clock is working or maybe you could try different configs from multibeast are you over clocking at all and also my ram is got good timings rather than size. cl8 and its clocked at 1600, also it seems strange that you have 8gb of ram rather than 12 or 6 i.e 3 sticks of ram in triple channel config. (if I'm not mistaken your cpu supports triple channel?)

Oh and try using mac smbios 3.1, 5.1 is crappy I think(maybe I'm wrong). I did a lot of little tests and changes as I play computer games (WoW, Heroes of Newerth, Starcraft 2) on my Hackintosh and refuse to dual boot into Windows...

Cavej03 said:
Maybe my over clock is working or maybe you could try different configs from multibeast are you over clocking at all and also my ram is got good timings rather than size. cl8 and its clocked at 1600

No I am not overclocking at all and my ram is CL9. I don't know how to do different configs with multibeast, I'm afraid that it will cause me to have a kernel panic. Anyways, thanks a lot! :D Add me, [email protected] if you are willing to help.

kmair said:
No I am not overclocking at all and my ram is CL9. I don't know how to do different configs with multibeast, I'm afraid that it will cause me to have a kernel panic. Anyways, thanks a lot! :D Add me, [email protected] if you are willing to help.

Try smbios 3.1 it could make a big difference. any reason you didn't use it in the first place? its default with multi beast.

Cavej03 said:
kmair said:

Try smbios 3.1 it could make a big difference. any reason you didn't use it in the first place? its default with multi beast.
hahaha sorry, but I'm all new to this. Googled smbios 3.1, and there barely seems to be any info!
I have 6 ram slots in my cpu. I filled in 2, each measuring 4GB.

kmair said:
hahaha sorry, but I'm all new to this. Googled smbios 3.1, and there barely seems to be any info![/quote]

in multi-beast under Customisation>System Definitions>Mac Pro. Use Mac Pro 3.1

Totally my bad smbios is a very poor way to describe what I meant. Oh and I don't have any way of talking to your IM account can I add you on Ichat using a google account( does that work)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back