Contribute
Register

Post your 3770 (non-K) overclock and Geekbench score

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since my gigabyte board limits the speed to 41 x 106 = 43 where @PJALM your board overclocks using the 43 x 106 = 45, could I push my baseclock little higher to like 109/110 or will that be too much and risk damaging something? Thanks for any help.

The GB score I get is above 18000 (18110 on the pic, but it went further already) :

IMG_00001.jpg

The thing is - as you can see - a GB test on windows 7, and I read that it can be misleading (don't know why, actually...).
I did not set up the turbo ratios individually, but used the "non-K" OC setting of the Z77 Pro4-M 1.90 BIOS : it appears to get the ratios as DBP described : 43 (1 core); 42 (2 cores, 3 cores) ; 41 (4 cores). CPU-Z confirmed that, as you can notice if you look at the picture, when I was running another GB test in background to take the screenshot.

when i run my benchmark in windows my geekbench score is about 2k pts higher after the overclock, but when i run it in mountain lion 10.8.3, it looks like my score actually drops 2k pts

my windows overclock score:

my mac overclock score:

my mac non overclock score:

all running on 64 bits.

do i need to do anything with my dsdt or anything like that once i overclock from my bios?

So I went back in the UEFI BIOS, and did set up each core to 43, as mentionned before by DBP ; did another GB test and got around 18100 : so no fundamental change compared to when it was set to "auto". Both with the "non-K" OC tweak enabled.

Then I tried to OC the DDR3 Dominator Platinum :
- OC'd to 2133 -> bluescreen ;
- OC'd to 2000 and - no bluescreen, got around 18300.

But I am not sure how OCing RAM works (should be sync with CPU ?, how, etc.),
anybody to give some clues ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back