Contribute
Register

Post installation PANIC Yosemite - GA Z97N WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I was reading through your struggles trying to stumble across some inspiration to help me. I too am using a Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI motherboard.

I got Yosemite on the hard drive, but will not boot without the unibeast stick in the computer.

Also, yosemite doesn't allow me to connect to the internet because wifi isn't an option in network utility...

No sound for me either!

This is my first hackintosh, let alone my first computer I've ever built by myself. :banghead:

Please advise!!!

Hi,

I was reading through your struggles trying to stumble across some inspiration to help me. I too am using a Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI motherboard.

I got Yosemite on the hard drive, but will not boot without the unibeast stick in the computer.

Also, yosemite doesn't allow me to connect to the internet because wifi isn't an option in network utility...

No sound for me either!

This is my first hackintosh, let alone my first computer I've ever built by myself. :banghead:

Please advise!!!

If you need usb to boot, maybe you haven't a bootloader on your HD,
The WIFI of your motherboard isn't OS X compatible, use an ethernet cable instead, buy an USB dongle compatible or replace the WIFI adapter.

I am following this discussion closely. I have a similar configuration with similar problems.
I have a Intel 730 SSD that I have thoroughly messed up and attempting to recover.

Lou

Can I have a peek at your multibeast config?
I am still struggling with mine.:geek:

What did you have to do to get the wifi and sound to work?

I have the same motherboard. Tried UniBeast and Clover, none of them can get sleep working.

Since there was no success installation with Ozmosis, I can't confirm that one works.

I also have googled about this problem, it seems it's a problem unsolved.

I wish I chose some other motherboard at the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back