CPU
i7 6700HQ
Graphics
GTX 960M | 4K
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I am attempting my first Hackintosh install for the last 24 hours or so and I can install Mojave (10.14.5) fine, but once I get into post-install my issues start to come up. I have a Dell XPS 15 9550, Toshiba 256GB SSD, 16GB RAM, i7 6700HQ. I tried following several different guides (github guide for the 9550, a 10.14 guide here on tonymac and a few others) I even tried a video on youtube but keep having issues. Legacy boot is on in bios, VT-d is off, my SSD is set to AHCI.

Once I am able to fully boot to Mojave through the USB, I first used Clover to mount EFI, move my EFI files from the USB to the SSD EFI, after that I could boot like 50% of the time, getting an allocation error when it didnt work. I then tried using MultiBeast for Mojave, using the quick start, then saved it, then built it. From there I had IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 messages and the boot never passed that. Attempting to fix it, I tried booting from my USB again and would receive one of those errors.

I am not really sure what to try next, I just did a fresh install again and tempted to try out this guide I just found https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-dell-xps-15-9560-macos-10-14-1-all-models.260137/ but still not positive.

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. Do I run the Clover Config again, mount the EFI and move the files from the USB EFI to my SSD EFI? What should I do if I run into the allocation error again? Not really sure what else to download as in drivers either if its something related to that.

Hope someone can help, thank you!

Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

Thanks for moving this to the correct forum P1LGRIM, didnt realize there was a specific laptop section.

I just moved the EFI to my drive EFI, booted up as expected. Should anything else be added from the clover config to insure the allocation error or the IOConsoleUsers error does not come back up? Also, I have a 960M Nvidia dGPU, I see conflicting posts about installing the drivers for this, is something I can do? Thank you!

Thanks for moving this to the correct forum P1LGRIM, didnt realize there was a specific laptop section.

I just moved the EFI to my drive EFI, booted up as expected. Should anything else be added from the clover config to insure the allocation error or the IOConsoleUsers error does not come back up? Also, I have a 960M Nvidia dGPU, I see conflicting posts about installing the drivers for this, is something I can do? Thank you!
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Link to laptop guide:

but use latest clover via sourceforge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back