Contribute
Register

Possible to activate both i3 cores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
finntriel said:
SMbios.plist for i3 CPU info correctly displayed...

I'm using the latest chameleon shipped with the new multibeast, I'll see if the modules work with the one I'm using.

The chameleon that comes with Multibeast already detects the cpu and displays the correct info, but the it's just the dual cores I can't get working.

Someone is helping me by editing my DSDT, so hopefully this will correct things. :)

Hello? :( Forch, you still there?

Managed to get both cores working by compiling a custom kernel with a fix administered in the lapic.c file.

download the xnu source for 10.6.6 form opensource apple and unpack it
find the problematic file lapic.c
use search to find : /* ExtINT */ and after the third instance [inside the lapic_configure() ] you add 2 lines of code :

/* NMI: ummasked, off course */
LAPIC_WRITE(LVT_LINT1, LAPIC_LVT_DM_NMI);

soo the code will look like this:
----------------------------------------------------------
/* ExtINT */
if (get_cpu_number() == master_cpu) {
value = LAPIC_READ(LVT_LINT0);
value &= ~LAPIC_LVT_MASKED;
value |= LAPIC_LVT_DM_EXTINT;
LAPIC_WRITE(LVT_LINT0, value);
}

/* NMI: ummasked, off course */
LAPIC_WRITE(LVT_LINT1, LAPIC_LVT_DM_NMI);

/* Timer: unmasked, one-shot */
LAPIC_WRITE(LVT_TIMER, LAPIC_VECTOR(TIMER));

I had to search through various crap to find instructions that worked for compiling the code, but finally did it through some trial and error.

finntriel said:
Did you try chameleon with modules that I posted?

No, trying to get things running without extra modules. Didn't really know how to set it up either.

Don't understand why you don't try chameleon with modules.when update don't need to replacing in lapic...modules make the same...

finntriel said:
Don't understand why you don't try chameleon with modules.when update don't need to replacing in lapic...modules make the same...

Because changing two lines of code and compiling a new kernel was a better solution for my purposes. I don't want to add more modules. I'm trying to reduce the number of extra modules.

modules make it avtomatic.apple public kernel files and instruction how make kernel.
Good luck :headbang: :headbang:

finntriel said:
modules make it avtomatic.apple public kernel files and instruction how make kernel.
Good luck :headbang: :headbang:

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you're saying? There seems to be a bit of a language barrier.

Like I said, I really didn't understand how to setup the modules and compiling a new kernel was something I was more familiar with.

Can you explain to me how to setup the modules and why they're better?

simple put modules folder in chameleon /Extra folder.chameleon must be that I posted with this modules folder.boot in 32bit mode. thats all you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back