EVGA
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Here's the setup:
Gigabyte Intel z77 Dual Thunderbolt ATX Motherboard (GA-Z77X-UP5 TH)
SanDisk Extreme SSD 120GB
Intel Core i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz
EVGA 02G-P4-2670-KR GTX670 2G
LightScribe BluRay Burner
6 TBs of HD(removed just in case)
32GB of Corsair Vengeance Memory (4x8GB, 3 removed for installation, so technically 8GB)

I want to install Snow Leopard, not Mountain Lion. With the official Retail version of SL. Burnt iBoot and got to the screen. Did the whole F5 thing. But that's where it hangs up. It gets stuck on the Apple logo, and NO spinny wheel like others seem to get. I've gone through a series of test and my suspicion is that it is my graphics card which is supposed to be compatible. I don't get much out of "-v". Nothing appears wrong when I do that. However, when I enter "GraphicsEnabler=No" or "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" it tells me... well it was originally telling me "can't find graphic". I'm not sure what I did differently, but still entering either of those gets me to the same spot. Apple logo. No spinny wheel.
I've done this every different way I can think of, including changing to all the different monitor ports and repeating "=no" and "=yes", and nothing seems to get me to the actual installation screen.
Am I doing something wrong? Or what else do I need to know?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There is no support for the 670 in Snow Leopard, so you'll either have to replace your graphics card with something older, or forgo Snow Leopard. You are confined to Mountain Lion if you want to use the 670, I don't think there is even support in Lion for it, but I could be wrong.

Here's the setup:
Gigabyte Intel z77 Dual Thunderbolt ATX Motherboard (GA-Z77X-UP5 TH)
SanDisk Extreme SSD 120GB
Intel Core i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz
EVGA 02G-P4-2670-KR GTX670 2G
LightScribe BluRay Burner
6 TBs of HD(removed just in case)
32GB of Corsair Vengeance Memory (4x8GB, 3 removed for installation, so technically 8GB)

I want to install Snow Leopard, not Mountain Lion. With the official Retail version of SL. Burnt iBoot and got to the screen. Did the whole F5 thing. But that's where it hangs up. It gets stuck on the Apple logo, and NO spinny wheel like others seem to get. I've gone through a series of test and my suspicion is that it is my graphics card which is supposed to be compatible. I don't get much out of "-v". Nothing appears wrong when I do that. However, when I enter "GraphicsEnabler=No" or "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" it tells me... well it was originally telling me "can't find graphic". I'm not sure what I did differently, but still entering either of those gets me to the same spot. Apple logo. No spinny wheel.
I've done this every different way I can think of, including changing to all the different monitor ports and repeating "=no" and "=yes", and nothing seems to get me to the actual installation screen.
Am I doing something wrong? Or what else do I need to know?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

attempedskater

Bad News Dude ...
You whole "rig" is set to be a Mountain Lion - Not only is that Video Card got no support. Your Motherboard is also not supported for OSX Snow Leo

You need a Sandy Bridge Motherboard and a Sandy Bridge CPU.

If you needing to be on OSX Snow Leopard that you should do that. But if you can live with Mountain Lion then this would be the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back