Contribute
Register

Please Help !! ML + 2500K Sandy + GA-Z77n-Wifi WONT BOOT !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I believe the trouble your experiencing is caused by using a 2nd gen cpu with a z77 chipset. It is possible to make it work using something called bridgehelper, but you made the right choice buying an ivy bridge.

I use one everyday and it works great. No bridge helper.

Well the deed is done. I sold the Sandy and ordered the Ivy today and the whole fiasco only set me back an additional $20. Thanks for the help guys. I will report back here when I get the new i5 running.

Please Help !! ML + 3570K + GA-Z77n-Wifi WONT BOOT !

OK so I installed the i53570K and I am still having the exact same issue. Install is fine. Reboot is fine until I run Multibeast then I get bootloops. The computer restarts immediately before any logging happens. If I boot using -x -v then I get a grey bar in the top left corner of the screen and nothing happens.

specs:
bitfenix prodigy
i5 3570K
GA-X77N-Wifi
16GB corsair VENGANCE-LP (LP is for low profile heatsink)
550W Clio greatpower psu
DW1515 wifi

Everything is brand new.

Multibeast= DSDT-free, Non DSDT audio 892, lnx2mac network,

I followed the guide for setting up BIOS and I also tried just loading optimal defaults without any other changes.
I tried installing with just 4GB DDR3.
I tried 2 different PSUs and 2 different brands of SSDs.
I tried with SSD plugged into SATA2 port.
I tried removing all unnecessary components including the prodigy's front panel audio and USB.
I tried the Chimera fix for 4K sectors.
I tried with DSDT.

I am really frustrated because I just spent $600 on tonymacs recommended parts and ended up with a non-working system. I had better luck with an AMD board and snow leapord.

Does anyone on this site think they might be able to help? Thanks.

OK!!!! Finally SUCCESS!!
After all that trouble I finally solved the problem. It seems so simple it's stupid.

1. erased the SSD with Gparted.
2. plugged the SSD into the black SATA2 port
3. plugged the blutooth USB into USB2 port.
3. put 4GB of RAM in and did a fresh install.

Multibeast:
User DSDT-free
Audio Without DSDT Realtek ALC892
Network LNX2Mac
NOTHING ELSE

After I installed Multibeast I rebooted and it worked but my graphics were all screwy so I rebooted with the GraphicsEnabler=No argument and everything went smooth.

Now I am getting somewhere. whew.

UPDATE:
I reinstalled with the full 16GB of ram, SSD plugged in to SATA3 (white), and bluetooth mouse in USB3 and it was successful.

The following broke the system again:
install DSDT
Tried to fix GraphicsEnabler=No for HD4000 by installing the newest Chimera but boot freezes on realtek ethernet.

*UPDATE will be edited

I narrowed my problem down to one thing.

setting resolution to 1920x1080x32 in plist OR sellecting 1080p option in multibeast will BREAK Chimera.

afterwords I can't even boot with multibeast.

Is there a way I can access my chameleon.boot.plist from Unibeast to edit it?

I narrowed my problem down to one thing.

setting resolution to 1920x1080x32 in plist OR sellecting 1080p option in multibeast will BREAK Chimera.

afterwords I can't even boot with multibeast.

Is there a way I can access my chameleon.boot.plist from Unibeast to edit it?

Boot into Unibeast as if you're going to install. Run terminal via Utilities -> Terminal. Now you can edit with nano.

Code:
# in terminal
# determine what volume of main install is (if you don't know)
ls -l /Volumes
# run nano from that install (ML is where mine is)
/Volumes/ML/usr/bin/nano /Volumes/ML/Extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist
# follow the help in nano to edit your file and save...

can u solved your problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back