Contribute
Register

Please Help me get ATI Radeon HD5970 on Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to be installing ML tonight hopefully if I have time.

I have my Unibeast ML usb ready and Multibeast pre downloaded my my MB DSDT settings file at the ready.

I have the 5970 card in use at the moment running windows and works great, currently using the mini display port to HDMI adapter as I am using my TV as a monitor (works very nicely)

What does this file actually do?

After i install ML, will my display work ok?

I will update as my install progresses tonight.

Man.. But at least the card is visible now. Rather than 5mb. I thought up 5970 should be 2gb? No?

I am going to be installing ML tonight hopefully if I have time.

I have my Unibeast ML usb ready and Multibeast pre downloaded my my MB DSDT settings file at the ready.

I have the 5970 card in use at the moment running windows and works great, currently using the mini display port to HDMI adapter as I am using my TV as a monitor (works very nicely)

What does this file actually do?

After i install ML, will my display work ok?

I will update as my install progresses tonight.

Hey hey. :) try running FCP and see if rendering works well.... Watch for the temp... :) good luck!

In fact, 10.8.0 doesn't include AMDRadeonAccelerator, since it has been added in 10.8.2
But, It could work on 10.8.0 too...I don't know...I didn't test it.
For me, it works with chameleon
Only 1 GPU is enabled, you can't enable the second one...and there's "only" 1024 Mb

BUT....IT WORKS PERFECTLY!

Yeah, in fact, I Overclocked my HD5970, and it works greatly, no lags, no freeze....With my 2 monitors ;)

Thanks ;)
But it still doesn't work for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back