Contribute
Register

Please help me configure (make) my config.plist and required kext(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got the USB stick all setup and it works with dual booting, its just my config is messed up and crashes during the initial setup. I spent a day watching videos on youtube and using other peoples config files and not getting anywhere. :(
I decided to ask the experts! :D

Here is my system configuration, I hope I got all the hardware requirements needed in this screenshot.

http://imgur.com/ZFtCHLw

Thank you for your assistance.

Hello,

So,

* Haswell-E i7 5820K : I know there is a clover option for the "E" series but maybe someone else could help you with that if there is any issue with it.
* 2 GTX 970 : It's my setup so I know it works with some actions (we'll see later if you achieve your installation).

Multiple questions :

Do you have a working hackintosh with your hardware in a previous version ? (because your screenshot is from windows (maybe just for the tools to show you hardware))

Do you have any information about your crash? Any info on the screen ? Something ?

We need to know how you have created your installation USB key and which ".kext" you have added on it (if any).

You'll need : FakeSMC.kext
And probably : NullCPUPowerManagement.kext // AppleIntelE1000e.kext

We need to know more to help you now :)

PS : I suggest you to complete your profile with your hardware infos. I'm not sure everyone will check your screenshot ;)

First off, thank you danama for any help you can give me.

For a detailed list of my hardware.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/uk95zhj3ey94j5h/hardware.txt

I use a VMWare image of Sierra, which was used to make my USB memory stick.
I just used the command line to inject and extract the Sierra.dmg onto the USB memory stick.
Then I used clover to make an efi partition with all the required kexts and config file.

This first image shows the bios changes.
G2iRFH1.jpg

Here are the kexts files I have now.
uDTlorf.jpg

This image is of my clover options before installing
sejvOPw.jpg

This image is where the installer freezes during loading.
WxJhuhV.jpg

Thank you for all the information, we can move forward now :)

First, too much kexts ! Just try with basic kexts. The fight for the rest will be ..after the installation.

You have too much things for the same devices and some will probably work without anything added.

It takes time.. and a lot of reboot to have the perfect hackintosh if you don't know what's working with what.

Just start with:

You'll need : FakeSMC.kext
And probably : NullCPUPowerManagement.kext // AppleIntelE1000e.kext

and bootflag : -v nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0

And with the result of that, we'll see.

Good luck :)

If anyone have information about this config, feel free to help. I know my system and some information about the others.. not everything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back