Motherboard
ASUS P5Q
CPU
Q8200
Graphics
HD 5750
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Don't think about on Ivy Bridge. Now go with Sandy Bridge and a motherboard with Z68 chipset.
It's not certain that Gigabyte's Z77 motherboards will supported by DSDT.

Mate94 said:
Don't think about on Ivy Bridge. Now go with Sandy Bridge and a motherboard with Z68 chipset.

How long do you think it will be before we see compatibility with Ivy Bridge?

You are best off going w/the SandyBridge boards now then waiting for months until Apple includes support for HD4000. In addition, who knows when Apple will release support for Ivy Bridge. You are in for a long wait.

Unless you prefer to purchase it now and be one of the many testers of that board but you will mostly likely need a gfx card as well with your setup.

normanburner said:
Mate94 said:

How long do you think it will be before we see compatibility with Ivy Bridge?
From now 6 months? :?

jester969 said:
You are best off going w/the SandyBridge boards now then waiting for months until Apple includes support for HD4000. In addition, who knows when Apple will release support for Ivy Bridge. You are in for a long wait.

Unless you prefer to purchase it now and be one of the many testers of that board but you will mostly likely need a gfx card as well with your setup.
I think the new Ivy Macs will come at the same time with Moutain Lion.

Mate94 said:
jester969 said:

I think the new Ivy Macs will come at the same time with Moutain Lion.

Yeah, Apple likes to bundle new hardware with a new add-on every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back