Contribute
Register

Pentium G3258 on Mavericks, ANY SUCCESS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI it actually launches applications before the icon has the chance to come down back into the dock (The indicator light shows before the icon comes back down into the dock). It is real fast and no KP's at all. Heck, even the apple spinner never shows up because it is so fast (like a macbook air) that shows the apple without a spinner for 1 second and then to the login screen. The mach_kernel is vanilla, I tested it.

Im kinda lost. You boot with vanilla or atom kernel?

Also, are you able to update to 10.9.5? And what kernels are you used?

Thanks.

Im kinda lost. You boot with vanilla or atom kernel?
Before with USB w/ Atom kernel, since it was the only one I had at the time. I downloaded the Mavericks same version again with vanilla kernel, and replaced the ago kernel with the vanilla on the final install and it worked. So to answer that, I boot with Vanilla kernel.
Also, are you able to update to 10.9.5? And what kernels are you used?
Update to 10.9.5 was successful, same method as with Golden Master 13A598. The kernel I used is the vanilla kernel now, before I used the Atom one since I did not have a copy of the original and heck, would it make a difference? So before Atom, now vanilla, and has since proved to be ineffective whether vanilla or Atom was used.

Before with USB w/ Atom kernel, since it was the only one I had at the time. I downloaded the Mavericks same version again with vanilla kernel, and replaced the ago kernel with the vanilla on the final install and it worked. So to answer that, I boot with Vanilla kernel.

Update to 10.9.5 was successful, same method as with Golden Master 13A598. The kernel I used is the vanilla kernel now, before I used the Atom one since I did not have a copy of the original and heck, would it make a difference? So before Atom, now vanilla, and has since proved to be ineffective whether vanilla or Atom was used.

So 10.9.5 works with vanilla without any patching? Thats great news. I wanted to buy this cpu but that kept me back.

hi sorry dat im replying now but im new to hackintoshing how do u do this to fake the cpuid i have the same cpu a g3258 pentium:)
thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back