Contribute
Register

Pentium dual core G2020 hackintoshable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey wizpig64,

could you describe how you got the G2020 working? I have one here on a H61N-USB3 and I'm stuck in a reboot-loop. right after the kext get loaded the system simply reboots. I already double-checked my bios settings (F8 is installed) and I'm using the latest chamelion.

hey wizpig64,

could you describe how you got the G2020 working? I have one here on a H61N-USB3 and I'm stuck in a reboot-loop. right after the kext get loaded the system simply reboots. I already double-checked my bios settings (F8 is installed) and I'm using the latest chamelion.

I'm actually using a G1610, which is basically a slower G2020 with slightly less cache, and installed with OS X 10.8.2 and Unibeast 1.7. AFAIK mine booted to the Unibeast key out of the box and got to the Velkommen screen with no hassle other than having to wait 5 minutes for USB devices to initialize. You mention kexts, do you mean booting to the installer, a freshly installed drive, or an installation you just configured with multibeast?

an installation i just configured with multibeast. i also tried another cpu. with a celeron or an i5 the hackintosh is just booting fine. it only fails if i use the g2020. doenst matter if i use the hd2000 or a GT520.

So how did you configure multibeast? I'll post the screenshot I've stashed somewhere in a bit. Also are you just using the IGPU? You say it works with other CPUs, are those ivy bridge or sandy bridge models?

Interesting, I'll have to read more into that when I get around to upgrading to 10.8.3.

@nurbs999:

Here's the configuration I made with multibeast back in February:

X08Qt1U.png

The LAN driver is crossed out because I ended up uninstalling it and installing the Apple one, and come to think of it, it may have worked out of the box without a custom driver anyways, so if I had to do it again I wouldn't check anything. You won't need the Nvidia drivers I checked unless you have a Fermi card, and to get mine to work I also manually set GraphicsEnabler=No. If you're just using the HD 2500 though, you won't need this, as far as I can remember. Otherwise though, using these settings with the DSDT for the F8 bios (http://www.tonymacx86.com/DSDT/getDSDT.php?dsdt=DSDT-GA-H61N-USB3-F8.aml) got my machine to boot just fine.

I took these screenshots because I was going to do a guide, but I've kindof put it off... I might do it again fresh with 10.8.3 and take more notes later.

thanks a lot for you answers. I tried the hd2500 and a gt520. the other cpus were sandy bridge (celeron and core i5). I'll try your multibeast settings tonight and report back afterwards.
btw: I'm using 10.7.3

I just reinstalled 10.7.3 with your multibeast settings and the DSDT file you linked. but nothing changed. the only thing I can do is to set "arch=i386" to stop the system from auto-rebooting. but osx still does not boot with that option, it's just stuck right after the kernel is loaded.

I wonder if an upgrade to whatever the latest 10.7.x is, or maybe even 10.8 might help?

thank you VERY much! an update to 10.7.5 did the trick. the system is booting now, I just have to test everything (QI and stuff).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back