Contribute
Register

PCH Die at 127 Celsius ??? 10.9 Gigabyte B75M-D3H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same problem here on GA-H87n-WIFI. PCH Die is stuck on 127. Anyone found a fix yet?

I imagine that to fix it would require either a custom plist for HWSensors, or possibly code changes to it. I was starting to read up on it today by looking at the info over on the HWSensors github repository, but didn't get far.

h87n-wifi, same reading here - PCH Die 127c.
Every thing else is normal, this have to be a bug.. But still I'm a bit worried that i might burn my new mobo:/

I am still seeing this bug on a GA-Z87M-D3H under 10.9.2. The only work around I have found is to turn of the display for that sensor in HWMonitor. Has anyone found a better fix?

Same issue with my Gigabyte Z87N-Wifi build. Anyone found a s:beachball:lution? Screen Shot 2014-06-12 at 15.24.08.png

I am on the newest version and it shows that for me too. 10.9.3.

I guess it is a bug in HWMonitor.
Intel spec. sheets for 7, 8 and 9 series chipsets specify Tjunction operating limits as 0-108 deg C and Tcatastrophic temp as 110-128 deg C.
So I guess if the HWMonitor reading were correct, my processor would have fried by now :crazy:

I have the same issue but a lower temp.
it reads 73 C and i think it's stuck, doesn't change :(
i have i7-4770k, z87n-wifi, nvidia gtx 780, os x 10.9.4
im using the latest HWMonitor. I did use pikes CPU Native power management ssdtPRGen.sh from this thread, u can test it to see if it makes any difference and then let me know .

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...vericks-native-cpu-igpu-power-management.html

picture are attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-24 at 7.05.54 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-07-24 at 7.05.54 AM.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 232
It doesn't matter! This bug isn't even a serious issue anyways. I have been running my beast nonstop since it came online back in late march. the only thing i restart it for are installing updates via unibeast or other software upgrades. At idle the machine draws very little power with the monitor off, that i don't need to use sleep mode. anyways, sound does not wake from sleep on my rig, and i found that was another super common glitch that hackintosh builders usually encounter. Simply put, there is nothing wrong with your machine when the pch is at 127C.

Guys,

Its a bug in the latest FakeSMC sensors plugin, does it on my GA-Z87N-WiFi using HWMonitor but also the same 127 degs is reported in iStats Menu 5.0.1. Latest FakeSMC/sensors plugin also screws up frequency with iStat Menus (in Ghz) on my Sony Vaio SE2 with i7 2640M - no need to worry, wait for next update to FakeSMC & plugins or use FakeSMC and plugins from Multibeast 6.2.2 which works fine.

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back