Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo T460
CPU
Skylake Intel Core i7-6600U + Intel Sunrise Point-LP, Intel Skylake-U
Graphics
Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 / 1920x1080
Hello,

I have a T460 which is working well. I'm under Sierra 10.12.6.

I have noticed that if I let a USB drive connected and I ask for shutting down, then it restarts. Without USB drive, it works.

Any solution please?

Thank you

Hello,

I have noticed that if I let a USB drive connected and I ask for shutting down, then it restarts. Without USB drive, it works.

Any solution please?

Thank you

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hi RehabMan,

I've done the several steps. Please find attached the document.

One more thing : if you look at my configuration, I still have also a problem because I have 2 batteries and when it switches from one to another (nearly at 50%) then it does like I have plugged in the PC (so it increases at full brightness) and several second later it comes back to the normal state.

That problem and the problem of USB when I shutdown are the two last strange things that I have.

Thank you!

Hello,

Any solution please?

Thank you

Hi RehabMan,

I've done the several steps. Please find attached the document.

You probably have "auto restart after shutdown".
See ACPI hotpatch guide (linked from main ACPI patching guide) and SSDT-PTSWAK.dsl regarding the XPEE option (setting XHC.PMEE=0 in _PTS).

Also, your USB configuration is very strange. You should re-create your SSDT-UIAC.aml for USBInjectAll.kext. Guide is linked from the FAQ.

One more thing : if you look at my configuration, I still have also a problem because I have 2 batteries and when it switches from one to another (nearly at 50%) then it does like I have plugged in the PC (so it increases at full brightness) and several second later it comes back to the normal state.

Probably a short term incorrect battery status from one of BAT0/BAT1.
You can use ACPIDebug to get to the bottom of it (instrument returns from _BST in BAT0/BAT1).

Thank you Rehabman I will have a look at that!

Hi Rehabman,

Is there any procedure for doing that :

You can use ACPIDebug to get to the bottom of it (instrument returns from _BST in BAT0/BAT1).

Thank you

Hi Rehabman,

Is there any procedure for doing that :

Thank you

Use SSDT-BATC to combine two batteries into one.

Use SSDT-BATC to combine two batteries into one.

Hi, in fact it is. Please find attached the file concerning this point. Thank you

Attachments

• 4_battery_fan.txt
    13.6 KB · Views: 110
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back