Contribute
Register

Patching your DSDT ProBook 4x30s using MaciASL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings, how compatible are your 4x30s patches with 4x40s?

I would like to build a DSDT for 4440s with i5 3360M / HD4000
Any suggestions?

@RehabMan, your instructions worked perfectly. Attached is my F.30 1080p patched A7K05UT DSDT.

Thanks!

Attachments

• DSDT1.aml.zip
    48.3 KB · Views: 98
Greetings, how compatible are your 4x30s patches with 4x40s?

I would like to build a DSDT for 4440s with i5 3360M / HD4000
Any suggestions?

Somewhat compatible. The DSDTs are very similar and the hardware is somewhat similar. I have tweaked the patches to apply correctly on the 4x40s series, but there is still probably changes to do. You can try it and see how it goes. I don't think they are 100% but they are a start.

Check out some of the other threads on these series of laptops for more info.

@RehabMan, your instructions worked perfectly. Attached is my F.30 1080p patched A7K05UT DSDT.

Thanks!

Glad it worked for you...

Note that there isn't much point in posting your DSDT since only you should be using it.

Thanks. I extracted the DSDT.aml with ubuntu, and followed the instructions for using MaciASL.
When I went to save as... I received an error stating the compiler had 1 or more errors. (see error.tiff) The output from the compiler is attached as compiler.tiff.

At line #14205, there are 2x suspicious looking lines:

Name (NONO, "No")
Name (BF2S, " ")
Name (BB2S, " "...)
Name (BOIN, Buffer (0x1000) {})

There are a lot of spaces between the quotes on the BF2S and BB2S lines. If I remove the "..." after the end quotes, the DSDT compiles without errors.

Any thoughts on what the BF2S or BB2S should be?
Thanks!

Attachments

• error.tiff
    40.6 KB · Views: 182
  • compiler.tiff
    131.2 KB · Views: 172
Thanks. I extracted the DSDT.aml with ubuntu, and followed the instructions for using MaciASL.
When I went to save as... I received an error stating the compiler had 1 or more errors. (see error.tiff) The output from the compiler is attached as compiler.tiff.

Name (NONO, "No")
Name (BF2S, " ")
Name (BB2S, " "...)

There are a lot of spaces between the quotes on the BF2S and BB2S lines. If I remove the "..." after the end quotes, the DSDT compiles without errors.

Thanks!

For the 4x40s series, you have to apply each patch one-by-one (download the .ZIP from from the repo, and apply each .txt file), because I haven't checked the changes into the all*.txt files just yet.

Maybe after today, I'll get a chance to check that the changes to the patches for 4x40s didn't break anything for the 4x30s...

Name (NONO, "No")
Name (BF2S, " ")
Name (BB2S, " "...)

Thanks!

I had a moment to check them and they still work with 4x30s, so I pushed an update...
You can try again, using my guide above.

So, I think you are saying that using the source repo through MaciASL doesn't work for 4x40s?
It seemed to compile after I removed the "..." From the original dsdt.aml.

Using individual patches or using the source repo?

Using individual patches or using the source repo?

It works now for either. Individual patches are in the repo, just like the combined patches. I just hadn't regenerated the all*. combined patches until this morning as I hadn't really tried them with the 4x30s and compared results. Now they are all in sync.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back